2D Artwork: Tsunami

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Feralstorm, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how well this concept will do, as it's not overtly weird, or a moviefied take on a G1 character.

Anyway, this design started out as "What would a movie version of Cybertron Thunderblast look like?", and graduated into some curious thought experiment. From a boat, I thought perhaps a smaller robot with a jetski altmode instead. Then I considered a robot with an aquatic mode might be limited to that environment in the movie way of doing things, and I preferred not to do some kind of mermaid-bot, so I started looking around at various amphibious vehicles and came up with this quad bike which converts into something like a jetski. It all (sorta) fell into place from there. She was given the name "Tsunami" as there wasn't too much in common with Thunderblast any more, not to mention "Thunderblast" being kind of a silly name for a feminine semi-aquatic TF.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Not bad, original altmode and quite a visually appealing robot design! I don't like the hair though; it looks out of place, and gives it kind of that "Mary Sue" vibe along with the 'angel' wings. And yes, I know that Alice had hair as well (well Medusa tentacles), though she had a reason too, being a Pretender and all. :lol 

3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Very nice. It's very rare to see a Transformer with a jetski as its altmode. The only known one is the Autobot, Beachbreak, from The Vield Threat novel. And a femme too?! You surprise me again. XD

4. Spoon

Spoon Banned

To be honest, although I like this one, I prefer your Bulkhead.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I like the Bulkhead art better too, but I picked this one as the contest is "design a Transformer", where my Bulkhead was a pretty direct adaptation of the Animated character to a movie-esque style.

6. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I really enjoy this design.