Trypticon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Morku, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Morku

Morku Decepticon Loyalist

You think hasbro has plans to release city sized Transformers?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Probably not :( 
    Too expensive to produce, and typically not enough buyers.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And if what happened with the planned Fortress Maximus rerelease back in 2000/2001 they'd probably fail the drop test

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

hope

I am hoping after getting the Revoltech Convoy and Magnus that they will make a Metroplex and Trypticon it would be great to have the city bots battling on the desk.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I hope that they'd remake Trypticon.... think my brother still has the original Trypticon toy that came out in the 80s... well, at least it looked like Trypticon and turned into a base.

6. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

They did, for the Beast Wars II line in Japan as Gigastorm

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What, planet sized ones aren't good enough for you? :p 

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not likely. There's always a possibility of Fortress Maximus being done as a Supreme at some point, but there's no indication of that happening any time soon. Which is a pity, as I would absolutely love to have a new TF city/base for Minicons.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If not a city former, then what would be the next logical Supreme-sized toy? They've done everything else, including a giant-sized Starscream.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd hurt someone badly to get a Supreme-sized Trypticon update

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think the Trypticon toy my brother had was from Beast Wars... my brother stopped watching TF when G1 was cancelled. The Trypticon toy looked exactly like the Trypticon I saw in the "Scramble City" episode with commentary from the 20th Anniversary edition of the 1986 TF Movie.

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

13. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is actually a myth that unfortuneatly Hasbro has helped to spread. Fort Max in fact did pass all child safety laws. The reason he was not released with RID was lack of retailer interest because he had a expected retail price of $99.99. When not enough retailers were interested Hasbro offered it to TRU as an exclusive. Sounds great, right? Problem was that they put a whopping 100k min order on him. Since we haven't even sold that many Unicrons, S Starscreams, or Primuses you can understand why TRU passed.

As for city-formers in general, this is requested at just about every Bot Con and Hasbro consistently answers that there is lack of interest by consumers. That the closest we'll get are things like A Prime's trailer.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be awesome, but Hasbro seems to not be interested for many many reasons. Typically not enough interested parties for something the size of the original Fortress Maximus, however, I don't see why they couldn't do him at the Supreme price point. Still, if we keep asking, our voices may eventually be heard. And if not by Hasbro than there's always the off chance that Takara might do a new version or re-release the old one a second time.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get that information? I'm not doubting you, just asking how you found out "true" information that goes totally against what the majority of the fandom believes to be true.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Well, nobody was interested in the Alt modes for Cyb. Metroplex or Energon Omega Supreme either, and yet they got mass produced.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'd readily settle for Leader Class (and possibly even Ultra class) sized city bots; they're already going to be way out of scale with the regular figures no matter what, so what would it hurt? So long as its at least one of the larger viable size classes (anything smaller than Ultra just wouldn't function very well as something thats supposed to be so gigantic). We got Giant Planet figures in Cybertron that were these classes (Metroplex and Menasor) both of whom were way out of scale with the rest of the line, yet despite the fact that they were supposed to thoroughly dwarf the other TFs, still had vehicle alt modes. Why not do something like that again, but give them city modes? Given how weak the vehicle modes came off, why not just make them bases/cities?

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I completely agree with this. They're already out of scale so it doesn't really matter as long as they're not Voyagers, Deluxes or Scouts right?

Interestingly enough, this was brought up at last year's Botcon and the Hasbro Team -including Archer- said that they hadn't thought of that before and that they might look into it. Which goes back to Archer's desire to make a large TF that transforms into a base specifically for the minicons... which he's stated he'd love to do, but that there's been nowhere to put it...

18. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

The next main line after the movie, Heroes, etc should be a city-based line. Prime and Megatron can be cities that turn into robots, with a third battle platorm-type mode. The smaller bots can either add onto them or man the battle stations, go into the compartments, zoom around on the roads, etc.

Then they can repaint Prime/Megs into Metroplex, Fort Max, etc.

BRAINSTORM: Prime is a triplechanger: robot mode, truck mode, and city mode! That would be so rad.

19. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I would definitely welcome this. It would be great if an out of scale city bot was packed with either LoC or mini-con versions of the main characters of the series.