Customs: Trypticon/Brunt Question About Customizing

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by simified, May 21, 2011.

1. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got my hands on Trypticon off of eBay for peanuts. It didn't come with anything but thanks to a lot of peoples help I've almost completed it and haven't dropped a load of cash. Articulating Trypticon is pretty much out of the question if I want to keep the motorization so I'm just going to give it a killer paint job. I'm going to be making a new Full Tilt and I've already picked out the bot I want to use for the base. The hard part is with the tank, Brunt.....
    [​IMG]
    ....originally it had no robot mode. The tread pieces just split apart and were used for the base mode. I want to make a tank that actually transforms into a robot. The catch is I want to keep the cannon portion and add it onto the new tank.

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any suggestions what Transformers might be a good fit to use for this? I found someone who's going to sell me the cannon part but as of yet I don't have it so I don't have any measurements for it. I figure something that has a tank as an alt mode would be a good start but I don't have that extensive knowledge of past toys.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Judging by the screw hole in the side of the cannon, I'd take a guess and say Brunt's about scout size, maybe slightly smaller?

Anyways, what about the tanks from Energon/Universe/ROTF Bruticus Maximus?

3. simified

Ebay:
    I have the ROTF set and that never occurred to me. One of the things I was hoping was to have the cannon hang over the shoulder like RTS Perceptor in robot mode. I don't know if that would even work but it's just a thought. Anyone else? I'd like a few bots to choose from. I remember a while back someone used these Decepticon drones from the Energon series I think. They turned them into Rumble & Frenzy. Any way what I remember about them is that they had these shoulder cannons. Might work here, might not. I can't find the page of they figures.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

That would be either Energon Signal Flare or Cybertron Scrapmetal you're thinking of.

5. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

It wold involve Partsforming but you could use a Crossovers Hulk tank

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    THAT is genius! The size will work, the tank mode is more or less the same general configuration as v1 Brunt, and the robot mode will suit the name.

7. simified

Ebay:
    I'm going to have to take a look at one when I get the chance, I'm at work right now using my phone. Are they still available in stores? I did some research and I was thinking about maybe using TFM Wreckage but replace the wheels with treads. I really want to scope out a Hulk now.

8. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    hulk is an older figure that i have had a hard time tracking down

but one of the man starways crossovers that are still availible could work out for this too

cause that purple cannon is pretty big

9. simified

Ebay:
    Who would you suggest? I'm not that knowledgable with any of the Crossover figures. If I like how Hulk looks I'm sure eBay will have it. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg though. Lol

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you could hack up a junker Armada Megatron for Brunt with some other kitbashed parts. The size would be just a little larger, but I think it would look cool in the end.

11. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I like the sound of Energon Signal Flare for this, he's a half track tank and the cannon would fit on him as an arm. Plus I think he looks a bit droney, complete with ambiguous face mask. I think at scout size he'll be a good fit for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there are a few repaints out there as well, so he can be found for a decent price I believe.