Customs: Trying to remove a Jammed, Rusty Metal Peg

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dark_Rage, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Hey, I'm currently trying to remove a rusted metal pin from a TF wing flap, but not it's gone jammed halfway, and I think my attempts at hitting it harder is in vain.

Does anyone have any tips? I was thinking about trying to remove the rust of the peg inside the plastic hole with hydrogen peroxide or Diet Coke, but I'm afraid what might happen to the plastic.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    how is it jammed halfway? can't grab the other side?

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Is heating it with a soldering iron and yanking it out a bad idea? What TF is it?

4. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Spray some wd-40 inside both sides of the holes where the pin is;then get some of the little screwdrivers that come in eyeglass repair kits,(your best bet is to use a philips-head),and tap inside the hole with it using a small hammer until the pin pops out.This is the way I've done it for the last 5 years whenever I have to replace a rusty pin and it hasent failed yet.

5. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I agree with the WD40 try, as the Soddering Gun might cause damage to the plastic if the thing is REALLY JAMMED. If no go with the 40, as long as the piece is metal go for the heat...just be careful.