Trying to Identify an old PS1 game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tentagil, Oct 11, 2008.

1. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Trying to find the name of an old Playstation game.

In the game you played as a little girl I believe, trapped in this tower or castle with lots of rooms. You'd enter a room and set up traps to kill the monsters and such that were hunting you. So you'd have say a spring board to launch them into the fireplace, or drop a chandelier on them, or simply have a wall smash them. You never fought directly, just set up the traps then led your enemies into them.

The game was a blast setting up unique ways to dispatch your enemies and if I remember right there was even points for combos. Trying to find it again but i can't remember the damn name. I think it might have had at least one sequel as well.

Anyone have any clue what game I'm talking. about?

2. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

You are thinking of Tecmos Deception
    And Kagero: Deception II

3. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you so much.

And from looking them up looks like I skipped the first one somehow and went straight for the second. Now to see if i can find it again for a decent price, and more importantly hope it will play on my PS3.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    You can also try "Trapt", for the PS2, as it's the sequel to both games but more likely to play on your PS3, and you can readily find it in stores.

5. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Deception was an awesome game, and it seemed to go on forever. You couldn't attack directly, only spring traps, and you had to be careful not to get caught in your own traps. I never tried the 2nd one...