Trying to Get GF into TF: Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pauly T, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Stick around for a while and you'll find out that the majority of TF fans 'break the mold'.

--Moony

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Yeah not all of us are sweaty nerds with two-inch-thick glasses. With, of course, apologies to those of you who are.

Some of us even have attractive wives.

Still haven't been able to get my wife to progress past the Bay movie, though, but she likes that well enough and tolerates my collecting, as well as buying one or two for me here and there.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My wife has successfully avoided Transformers in all our time of dating and our 10 years of marriage, so keep us updated and good luck.

The movie was out for a month before she saw it...
    *grumble*

4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I second this.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    My girlfriend is really into the Movie she has been asking alot of questions about G1 so hopefully ill be able to get her involved also!

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Have to agree that "tolerance" is a fair goal to hope for. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Both my ex and current GF tolerate my collecting (to the point that both have come with me to Botcon pretty much solely to help me run my booth) - This is a damn good thing considering my entire basement & one upstairs bedroom are filled with toys.

One thing to think about: One of my single friends with a huge collection says that he'd never want to be with someone interested in his toys... Because she'd try to claim a share of them in a divorce! lol