Trying to gauge interest TF Soap?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grimlocka go-go, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey everyone, my wife makes custom soaps, some really cool stuff, and we were discussing if anyone would be interested in custom handmade TRANSFORMER soaps.

we're going to try out a large variety including

Autobot symbol
    Decpit symbol
    Character based with name
    Alt mode as well as robot mode images

and made to order board name soaps ie "Grimlocka go-go" with custom image

Prices will depend on weight, but on average a 3 oz bar of soap is $4
    EDIT: added some new pics of a test batch we did and more pics on page 2 9/15
    I've included a few pics of what she's already done, and i'll add pics of the tf soap as it's being made, just really trying to get a feel if anyone would be interested in it or not.

If this is in the wrong location please move it accordingly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I actually think this is a pretty neat idea. My fiance is pretty into the smelly stuff to try and make our house smell good or to make our bathroom look fancy. I could easily see myself picking up one or two to give to her: "See baby? You're a Transformers fan now too! :D "

I also wouldn't mind having a customized one of some transformer that I just HATE so I could make them wash my ass ;)  Seriously, neat idea!

3. SkyHook

SkyHook OP's Personal Stalker

That would be so cool!

And the pics are really cute too.

4. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Also added a pic of a soap she did for an order recently for a church group, it's an example of the printing she can do using water soluable paper (disinigrates in water), we'll try an make a transformer one tonight, after we pick up a lazer printer for one of her birthday presents tonight

oh yeah, btw it's her BIRTHDAY :D 
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    was hoping for a few more responses lol, maybe i need this thread moved

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

LOL,Love to see your idea in soap form. here's a list I'd like to see,Wheelie both his G-1 & Movie verse designs. The ROTF Twins,Movie-verse bumblebee.

Maybe the movie verse bumblebee soap on one side of the soap could have a picture of movie verse bumblebee. the other side of the soap could have words that read, "Bumblebee,thanks for ruining the DOTM & Prime toy line by overloading case assortments waves."

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Custom Transformers soap would make for a really neat novelty item. :thumb 

I wouldn't feel comfortable scrubbing my toolbox with a Transformers face looking back up at me. :sly2: 

8. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I can see a few people asking for erector soap as a novelty, maybe a barricade too :sly2: 

lol oh we fans with our wacky sense of humor

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that`s cool. Your wife is an artist

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    She should make soap each year to take to Botcon. I'm hoping she could at least make one type of bar that would would cost you guys next to nothing so you could hand them out to those nerds who need it. Then the TFW guys could have a hazing where people are sprayed down with a water hose.

11. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be an amazing community service.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Transformers soaps certainly aren't a crazy concept so I'd be all for it no matter what kind:

[​IMG]

Do a BayFormers Optimus one with a slogan that says "Give me your face... to wash!!" :p 

So... less of a hazing and more of a hosing? :) 

The soaps given out don't even have to be that big. Do some of those small ones like you get supplied in hotels that are like two inches by one inch by half an inch.
    The only problem I see is nobody is actually going to use the free soap they're given even if they are terrible stinkies. More likely they'll just end up for sale on Ebay as 'convention exclusives'. Or collectors will just stash it away in their collection rather than in a sink of water.

Actually, make the soaps scented. 'The Aroma of Convention', 'Lubricants', 'Allspark' and a fizzing one called 'Energon' that slowly depletes as you use it, just like a real energon cube.

Hey, I'd probably buy a cube of soap that looked like the BayFormers Allspark. Or one with the G1 Matrix depicted in it. Or semi-transparent spherical soaps that look like Sparks. :) 

Now I wish I made soaps myself...

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    When the OP said soap I thought he meant a drama in the vein DARK SHADOWS at first LOL

But I wish him and his wife all the best in their creative new venture that has a lot of potential. Do let us know how it goes.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Downside: Artisan soaps are usually purchased by women, meaning that marketing them towards TF fans runs the risk of alienating (or at least not targeting) a big piece of your target market.

Upside: They might be a HUGE hit with the kids. Especially if you can get some vinyl or gashapon or statue figures and embed them in the centre of the block. Bonus points if you can cast them into shapes other than bricks.

"Flavoring" opens some interesting questions though, you'd have to determine who you're aiming it at before you figure that out, I'd imagine.

Tell your wife that Van Gogh "Starry Night" soap is absolutely stellar.

15. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb 
    :lol 
    lol those are all good ideas, and she actually does make bath fizzies too so a fizzing energon bath bomb wouldn't be that hard
    :lol  and thanks
    We sell soap at a local farmers market, and she even has smiley face molds, handgun soaps, and race car soaps as well, so we have a good amount of different items that are more than just bar form :D 

and she says thank you for the complement on her starry night soap, she worked really hard on that one, and it's one of the ones that get the most praise when someone recognizes it.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What kind of detail can she get in the product? Other than embedding colored cuts, chunks, and shapes into the still-gel or liquid shape, can she use a syringe to selectively dye certain areas? Could she cast different colored versions and then mix and match pieces after a cut to make "soap figures" with the right colorschemes?

17. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well we've done a few tests, using embedding paper for printed invintations and slogans, and we've also used eraser toys and star wars toys embedded in the soaps as a kinda encouragement for kids to wash up :D 

The race car mold we have can possibly be used to make a set of movieverse "wreckers" and we've used syringes to add detail to smiley face's, and have tested making two tone soap guns, using black and brown, and white and silver.

When i get back from school (college) i'll take some more pics of some of the other things she's made, and were looking for even more molds at this time.

18. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

If had a 'bot symbol soap I'd want it to be on a long red rope so I can wear it around my neck like Flavor Flav. That said, why not make a Matrix of Leadership with embedded translucent bits etc. That would kick 5 tons of ass

19. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update 9/15

Did a test batch for fun, with a "Goldbug Gold" backing

Having touble with photobucket for some reason, but wanted to post a couple pics tonight at least. I'll be gone till monday, so if i don't respond for a few days, it's not cuz i'm ingnoring anyone :lol 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Destroy what's below!

These look great! I especially like the character bars. I can foresee those doing very well!