Customs: Trying for a new head for HA Skids...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pun-3X, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

...because I could never stand that guy's mug. I'll also be swapping his arms out, but that'll be later. Anyway, I went and took pictures of all kinds of heads, just to get an idea of what would work and what wouldn't. Thought I'd share them for you guys to look at.

G1-style heads I think I can totally rule out; you'll see some examples below that are pretty bad. Also tried a mecha-type head from Armored Core. Way too small, but I'm wondering if that concept (think Whirl) might do?

I'm actually liking head number 3 (the Stockade head with the antennae added), though I keep going back and forth on it.

So I was wondering if you guys could give some suggestions regarding heads that might actually work on this body type? I have a headless picture in the batch if someone wants to digibash an idea--otherwise, you can shout them out. I've been scanning through my collection for a head that might work, and I'm just drawing a blank. Any help you can give would be great. :) 

Attached Files:

2. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that bonecrusher looks fitting, tho imo i prefer the usual head

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I... actually like this one-

[​IMG]

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten here yet, but I did pick up an extra for a custom myself ($30 hurt *ouch). It's nice to see you trying an array of ideas. I think you've got a few good things going. I suppose I'd recommend determine exactly what character you want to go with and go that route, though I understand trying to match the aesthetics up first. I don't think the Brawl or the Armada Side Swipe work well, but I think any of the others would work fine.

5. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    i agree stockade looks pretty good

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I'm the same as Kusanagi: The purple head rocks. Though, i think it would depend on what you're using this for. If you want to just keep it as ROTF Skids, then i would personally disagree with any head you chose. He is a comedy relief character after all, he's meant to look stupid.

If, however, gonna be cusotmed, then i'd have to know what the custom was first.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

He won't be Skids. But he's not going to be any particular character--someone new. I'm thinking about going from comic relief to big-brute. As a result, it's sort of free-range regarding what I can do with him. I just need to make sure it looks right on this body.

8. Treadshot A1

Big brute? Stockade's head. If you don't mind a pinhead, the second head also works, makes his body look bigger, due to the tiny size of the head.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was liking the idea of the second head. But I would prefer something bigger. I'm afraid G1 Whirl's head is likely too big.

Maybe Energon Shockblast's head. I'm looking at mine right now and it seems to be of decent size. Don't know about fitting it in the car mode (might be too long). I'll have to see if someone has a junker that I can nab a head from.

Which leads to the next project--I plan to do a headswap (and arm swap) with HA Mudflap just the same. Also leading away from the comic-relief kind of character. IF I go with a Shockblast head, Stockade's might get saved for him. (That head will get used somewhere...it's too much fun not to)

10. Treadshot A1

Um, what? HA Mudflap?

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Make Kremzeek.....all you need is a Xevoz Shock Berserker figure.

If I ever score an extra on the cheap, those are my plans.

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. Not for me, but I'm interested to see what you come up with.