Trying again...... Cassetebots discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bumblejacker, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

What kind of tapebots would you like to see Sounwave or Blaster to have? EX: a snake or a manatee

2. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

I've always thought a spider would make sense in terms of size.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Mastadon :p 

4. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

Oh, I thought this was going to be a different kind of discussion about cassettes. One involving certain colors.

I'd like to see a monkey cassette. c:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I think monkey would be more appropriate for Blaster since monkeys have bigger association with being friendly. Here's my suggestions for new casseticons.

For Soundwave: Snake, spider, crab, puma (white/silver Ravage repaint), red wolf (crimson, rust Ravage repaint).
    For Blaster: Bear, wolf (grey/blue Ravage repaint), bald eagle (brown/silver Laserbeak repaint).

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I wouldn't mind more drones for specific tasks.
    Satellite, Miner, Bomb disposal, etc... that would be used as tools by the main body.

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I want a cassette character who slowly forgets everything as he/she learns new things...just like a real cassette tape.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    LOL. That drew a nice chuckle. In that vein Soundwave/Blaster should totally have a Goldfish tape. Seriously though, I think the tapes should be relevant to size, tapes that turn into Dinosaurs are all well and good as toys but in fiction the idea that a tape ejects out of Soundwave and becomes as big as a Dinobot is a bit iffy. They sort of tried to solve this massive incongruity by saying that Overkill sometimes doesn't change size upon transformation, thus is stuck in comedy miniature mode but still, Mammoths? Giant things? Nah.

Personally I would love to see tapes who transformed into Decoys, ie, smaller versions of bigger robots. IE, Soundwave/Blaster contain little decoy armies in themselves, tapes that turn into small versions of Optimus Prime/Megatron/Dinosaur mode Dinobots, that kinda thing.

Tape Decoys!

Shiiiit. Somebody get on that man.

9. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

In my "Fanfition" univers: The Cronix Universe, which can be found in the fanfic forum; my main OC Uplink can eject tapebots as well. Most of the tapes share the same robot body type as the more well known tapebots and have the same or different personality as the ones they are based on.
    One of the tapebots Uplink has is a rat name Rumage and an owl named Mooncry.

10. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Let's see... Galva12 is correct that we need a spider. But, let's go for being different and make the spider one of Blaster's cassettes! This would be his infiltrator, his spy to counter Ravage. Make it male (again, to go against expectations) and have it voiced by Dennis Bateman, the voice of the Spy in TF2.

As found Soundwave, I say he should have a hunting dog cassette that is his tracker. This cassette would have a rivalry with Ravage.