Customs: truss crane AKA ROTF Hightower

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Terrorcon_King, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    by the looks of it i really think hasbro isent going to give us the other
    3 constructicons soo id though abot it ALOT! and i will try to make my own ROTF Hightower.
    Bot his truss crane and Robot mode dont look sooo difficult, im going of the EZ collection Devastator Set Hightower:[​IMG] and iv seen the reviews on the figure thanks to Peaugh. The only problem that i can see it just one..little...thing....where/how can i get a modle kit that can be ether a Deluxe or Voyagerr Class?

if anyone has any ideas on how to go @ this LMK...i really want me a Hightower =P
    if there are any links to a modle kit or something within those lines lmk and then maybe i can help whoever else want a hightower to complete there Constructicon army!:) 

2. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm i think you might need to scratch build it completely, since i cant find any kind of scaled model of it...

For extra information, his alt mode is a Kobelco CK2500 - Truss Crane

3. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Im starting to think that as well...not the best when it comes to Scratch-Builds....but if i want me some Hightower i guess ill have to attempt it :D 

Edit: But i think ROTF Voyager Demolisher would probly be a pretty good base for the figure? Any Comments on that?

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Been thinking about this as well. Demolisher is most likely the way to go for the base.

Here's an option for the boom:

CATERPILLAR TOY DIGGING CRANE DIE CAST - eBay (item 300335048864 end time Aug-08-09 20:10:04 PDT)

Looking at the EZ, I kinda think some Deluxe movie Scorponok buggy feet could make good arms. Been wanting to use his legs as arms for a couple projects for a while.

5. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    YESS!! Those Scorponok bug legs would be perfect!
    and thanks for the help on the crane, but ill probly have to find something more.....realistic if not i guess this thing will be almost 100%(Execpt for the base) Scratch built!

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Yeah I have an unfinished Movie 1 Grimlock and I used the to simulate the T-rex arms. Gotta finish that someday........

Not really usable, but this thing is just too cool! Way small, but might make a cool movie style Scrapmetal.

Mini Crawler Crane Tomica Tomy Diecast Toy Car MATCHBOX - eBay (item 320407415036 end time Sep-01-09 09:46:04 PDT)

7. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    I like the way your thinking on this one man. Keep it up, I've been alot about this one and the others as well. And I had the same idea to use parts from the existing Constructions to make the other 3 members.

Demolisher + Crane = Hightower
    Long Haul + long extended dumptruck bed = OverLoad
    Scrapper? (still working on this one put many opertunities available.

8. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    SHIT!! SCRAPMETALS!!!! HIDE PRIMUS!!!
    i agree BH!! Those would be pretty awsome looking if turned into them in the movie line!:D 

personally i think they might actully release Overload or Scrapper...dont know why but i have a feeling :p 

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Probably scrapper, he's got the best chances of having a toy. I can't see how to mass-produce Overload's design due to it being an articulated dump truck, and Hasbro's toy designers have tended to avoid that kind of feature in alt. mode selection (the closest example I can think of is Armada Overload's mold, and that didn't turn out so well...).

I salute you on your ambition for Hightower, he's the one Legend Constructicon I want above all others if I can have only one, and the second coolest constructicon in ROTF behind Long Haul (because LH is epic) What intregues me is that cage-like thing around his head, it's almost a surefire bet that it's supposed to be part of the crane itself (not workable on Legends size, obviously). Too bad no concept art for anything close to a robot mode for Hightower to confirm that, however.

10. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Well if they do I for one and I'm sure many others will be very greatful and happy. We will just have to wait and see. Keeping fingers crossed!