Minor/Repaint: TrueGritt Customs- Optimus Prime-Movie

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DavAnthony, Aug 29, 2007.

1. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

Let me preface this by saying I wasn't thrilled with the look of the robots in the Transformers movie. Then I saw it and I thought they were okay, not great but okay. Still hard as hell to know what your looking at some times. Then I saw the movie again and altough I still wasn't crazy with the designs I began to accept them as not a replacement to the versions I like but instead a different direction. I was down the shore last week and saw the redo of the Robo-vision prime (Legacy, Voyager whatever they are calling it) and decided to pick it up. The more I looked at it the more I liked it but I wanted to make it's deco more movie accurate. I also loved the amount of odds and ends this figure has in it's sculpt. A little paint does quite a bit.

Using stills from the movie really show very little since the designs are still pretty confusing and hard to focus in on one point. So instead of fighting that I decided to apply it to the way I painted the figure to give it a very movie realistic look. I took a few pictures in darker lighting to kind of showcase the look that existed in the movie as well. I also added some realism to the truck mode and also added yellow to the front of the truck to resemble how it looked in the movie as well.

Optimus Prime-Movie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking
    Dave

He's currently up on ebay if interested
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Optimus-Prime-T...goryZ753QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    Damn, dude. That's pretty damn sweet. You should paianit more blue on his legs though. There's a hi-res picture floating around and it shows his detail really good and his legs are mostly blue.

3. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Pretty nice... One suggestion however, you should give that Prime to me out of the goodness of your heart. :) 

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    nice work. hope to see it on ebay.

I think posters above refered to other photos. I used these for reference when I painted mine.

Voyaget doesn't have the blue kneepad things, so You need to mimic the color, directly onto the leg's silver area. Teh back of the legs also utilizes some nice blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you try to custom make that "optimus blue" metallic, I can share my secret. Take a nice blue metallic, add a DROP of black metallic. Then add some RED. His blue isn't really blue at all, it's more of a blue-violet. Come back and tell me if that works!

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Thats excellent. The most movie accurate prime I have seen so far.

6. DavAnthony

Glad that you all like it, I'm pretty happy with it. I had actually tried adding some more blue to his legs since he has those knee pads in the movie but I didn't like how it looked. I'd rather make the knee pads and see if there is a way I can work them into the figure then paint the legs up. I think the upper "boot" section on the toy was sculpted in a way to combine the two sections into one.

I'm itching to make him a sword and movie accurate gun. I just need some better screen caps of it. This figure was actually made for my own collection and not ebay. I would be curious to see how it would do up there , especially with some of the insane/amazing prices some are paying.

Thanks again
    Dave

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    it looks really good! keep up the work

8. DavAnthony

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    the sword is tough. I've seen only 1 or 2 shots on the web of an accurate prime sword. No one's is even close to it. Unless, of course i am looking at the wrong pcitures or somethign

10. DavAnthony

Yeah I did some freeze frames of some clips I got, but things move so fast many of them are blurred. What I've been able to figure out is it seems to only be glowing when it furst comes out but seems to be more steel then "lightsaberish". I could be completely wrong though. The gun that comes with that Prime unleashed figure seems to be pretty accurate though. I think I'll be tacking that first