True or false: TF:A will be a completionist or near-completionist line for you.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by twee, Jun 4, 2008.

1. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was only going to buy the toys that interested me, but upon looking at the whole line, it appears that 90% of the Animated line interests me. So, being the OCD nerd I am, I think I may take up the endeavor of making this my first completionist line. All of them are just excellent toys.

A big ol' TRUE for me.

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    No, with all we've seen this far I will end up passing on every repaint (except maybe on the starscream reapints) and some molds.

3. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely true. I didn't think so at first (wasn't too keen on BA or the 2 pack), but now that I've had my taste of crack, I love it. Like others, I think this may be my favorite line (classics a close second).
    I dunno about the bumpers or whatever those are called, but maybe BB for scale (does he have feet though?). And big no for the gimmicky huge Prime. But as far as completing this line goes, I imagine I'll get close without even trying...

-Dan

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I intend to be a, relative, completionist for the line. Moreso, if it is a new/unique mold I'll pick it up, though I most likely will go for one figure to a character (Leader Bulkhead over Voyager [though I may get the voyager], Voyager Prime over deluxe Prime). There are also some figures I want more than one of (Grimlock, and maybe Blitzwing). I also may get the remold/repaint of Lockdown, and we'll see with Prowl and his sidecar.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    At one point I was planning on getting basically the entire line, but I've realized that I didn't actually want all of them. I've now narrowed my to-get list for Animated down to just 11 figures, which are the figures I actually want to get.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    True. I doubt I'll even be able to pass up the repaints this time round, the toys are all just too damn good.
    Yup, it's going to be an expensive year alright...!

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Finally , A TF line I don't have to get them all. This will be the first. Mostly becasue the Classics will get the most of my money.

BUT, I also know how I am :lol 

I'll have 85% of them collected then be like I might as well get the rest

8. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

This will be one of the first lines I will most likely complete. I don’t think I will not buy repaints, I’ll just buy them and bubble wrap them and put em away.

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

For me it depends on how crazy Hasbro gets with the repaints. I assume they won't be releasing any non-original figures as repaints in the Animated line (which for the movie line, and now classics, just makes being completionist stupid to me when what then has to be complete includes many rehashed old line figures).

So this might be a rare 'true' for me if they keep it in control.

10. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

False. Looking at Prime, Magnus and possibly Grimlock and Leader Bulkhead.

11. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Depends.

I'll pass on repaints like Elite Guard BB, unless they look cool (unlike EGBB - IMO).

I'll probably get every Prime, Leader down to Deluxe(I really don't like that Supreme "Roll Out" one)...

I was never a fan of the "FAB"s, though, the BB one looks decent, and it'd be nice to have him in scale.

I might get humans if they release them, though, it'd be easier to swallow if they came with TFs.

But, otherwise, more than likely, yes.

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

im a pretty big line-hopper myself and classics is going to be sucking me dry and with most of those coming out soon too, but animated will certainly get at least a couple bills from this guy

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Nope, I'll probably hit my favorite characters. There are a lot of characters I don't see myself hanging on to.

14. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It's true.

I can't bring myself to buy repaints or remolds (I like one of every individual mold) and I definitely won't buy Oil Slick (because, let's face it, he sucks.) but I will buy almost every single figure made.

15. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

False - I'll do what I do in general, get only one toy of the same character and trying to get them as much in scale as possible. There's enough toys to buy, I don't need duplicate character from the same line!

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As far as we know, there is no Leader Animated Prime figure on the way. The only one's we know of are Supreme, Voyager, Cybertronian Deluxe, Earth Deluxe, Activator, and Bumper Bot versions of him.

17. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    It seems I have no choice. Only one toy isn't in the show, and he's bound to show up sooner or later. Other than EGBB and Roll Out Prime, I intend to have them all.

18. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    If money wasn't an issue I would buy nearly all of them. Money being the issue, I'll try to get as many as possible (50% - 60% of figures released).

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    False. I'm skipping Animated because I want to focus on other lines. I'd love to pick up Magnus but its probably not going to happen :( 

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    VERY false. I'm only getting 2 MAYBE 4 toys from the line.