True Love?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frenzy.mp3, Nov 14, 2007.

1. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Hey everybody,

Just a moment or so of your time to ask a couple of questions.

Do any of you believe in true love? Ya know two people who were/are destined to be together forever/no matter what?

Is love truly blind? Does it actually matter how you look? Does it matter how he/she looks?

Is it even unconditional? What if you have no money? No car or job? Would he/she like/ want to share your hobbies? Would he/she like you despite your shortcomings?(I.e. If you're a furry, Have "issues" anger/emotional wise)

Do A-holes always get the girl? Or does sensitivity win in the long run?

I know I'm only 16 and I've got my whole life ahead of me and all that, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life know whether or not I'll die alone. I may seem like some emo SOB just pouring my guts here instead of livejournal/myspace(Good
    God I hate those sites). But most of you may be a tad more rational(so I hope)

Also I'd like to leave it open to discussion your thoughts on the matter. Your hopes
    and desires for a life long love.

Truthfully,

--frenzy.mp3 a.k.a Tommy Barrett--

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I don't know about any of that sappy crap, I married a woman I enjoy spending time with and who enjoys spending time with me. We are best friends, we have great sex and argue sometimes (as anyone who has lived together for 12 years would).

People put too much emphasis on it being like a fairy tale, if it is, great, but if it's not don't go looking for it to be.

My wife and I were instantly attracted to each other, we became fast friends and then quickly took it beyond friendship - it just kind of happened naturally, and it wasn't so much like fireworks and explosions as it was like a natural feeling - like waking up in the morning or going to sleep - it just felt "right".

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Almost the same for me. cept we have been together since we were in grade 10. We grew up together and have experienced so much in that time, 13 years.

Is it true love? I dunno. I think when people talk in absolutes, especially in relationships it sets them up to fail.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So basically what you're saying is that you're a 16 year old furry with anger/emotional issues and you're not getting any.

Don't worry about it, most peeps don't really get any until they're at least 20.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Really?

I guess I was the exception to that rule *is proud of younger self*.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I think that there is someone out there meant for everyone; everything happens for a reason. But, looks definitely take part in it and because this world aint perfect, dont expect love to be perfect either. It might be nice for it to be unconditional, but one way or another there are always going to be conditions; from the smallest to the biggest things. That's life; Ive learned that its not about the best or worst, nor the happiest and saddest. Its about what you appreciate, learn, and ultimately use that experience to touch others.

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good questions...I'll take a stab at them.

(Of course my whole view point is from a married Christian male's perspective so it's going to be a little different from most people's that don't share the same beliefs. Take it or leave it, just trying to help!)

True love being real? Well, it depends on your definition of true love...or love for that matter. For me, yes...I truly love my wife and I know we were meant to be together.

Is love blind? Yes, real love is. It's so easy to get caught up w/ one's looks, but if you're only looking at a gal on the outside you're missing so much. I know that may sound cliche, but it's true. My wife may not be a "Deal or No Deal babe", but she's beautiful to me. Her personality and her character are just as important as her looks.

I love unconditional? Again, yes real love is. I could easily quote some Old Testament scripture from the book of Proverbs, but I won't since I don't want to offend anyone...so PM me if you want the verses. True love stands the test of time. My wife and I are working on year 3 now, but we dated for 4 years prior to getting married so it feels a lot longer than 3 years. Anyhow, just as Dark Convoy said, we have our fair share of quarrels and disagreements...but that is part of being human and being in a relationship...marriage or dating. Because we truly love each other, we're there for each other no matter what. Does that mean things are easy all the time? Heck no! Does that mean she takes a vested interest in my hobbies? No, but she does listen to me ramble on about what new TF product or video game is coming out because she knows those are things I like and enjoy. As far as shortcomings...yeah, you learn to live with them and accept the other person for who they are.

I remember being in HS and it always seemed like the jerks got the girls. You know the ones...in the locker room talking about how they scored the night before...generally treating women like they were a piece of meat or his own property. Throughout college and the older I got, I realized that those guys in most cases never could keep the girl...could never further the relationship because there was no foundation. Being honest and upfront and yourself is the best way in my opinion to "win over" that girl you've got your eye on. That isn't to say that some women seem to like guys who treat them bad, but I gotta believe those women are in the minority. Treat them like a lady and treat them how you would want to be treated and I'm sure that will take you much farther than the "locker room hero".

You're young and you're right when you say you've got your whole life ahead of you. I only dated a few girls throughout Jr. High & High School...and most of those were people who I knew for a long long time. I only had one other serious relationship before I met my wife and I believe I was around 26 or so. So chin up...I'm sure you'll meet the one who's meant for you eventually.

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Man I feel old. I remember trying to figure out love and find out what it meant. Those countless discussion in the dorms during college were very fun. I even read books about it. I was at my wits end because with all my research, I still didn't have anything substantial. Then I realized that as soon as you try to articulate it, or define it in any way, you lose in the translation. You lose the essence of what love truly is. So, it was then that I finally got the answer I was looking for: Stop trying to figure it out and just experience it.

10. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

True love? Not in my world. I put myself through hell for a girl that I thought was the 'one'

Then spent to much time in a relationship with a girl who was very emotionally
    abusive to me.

So all I'm looking for now is someone who likes me for me, and I enjoy spending time with, and who wont drive me crazy, and that I'm friends with.

So is that love? Some may say it is. Don't ask me though!

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

True love is just a myth. I am married but I don't think I met my true love yet, maybe I never will.

12. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

16 year olds are supposed to feel that way. Its part of growing up. You can't know real love yet, because you haven't experienced enough of life to know yourself (independence, full physical maturity with your hormones calming down, having to make a living somehow, etc.). That age sucked for me, because I felt like everything was so important like you do (it certainly feels like it when you are that age), and that I loved this girl or that girl, etc., but, of course, they never really panned out.

Ultimately, give it time. Your emotions are going to balance out a bit soon, you will find other things to occupy your mind (college, a job, whatever), and then, you can have a healthy relationship, which may or may not include "love." I think it exists for some, but I also think that its fleeting. Its not the most important thing in life, I'll tell you that.

Good luck getting through your teen years my man. . .again, it does get better. . .

13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In short terms, I think "love as first sight" is a sensation that some people get but not a reality. On those lines, I don't think anyone should go plotting through their life waiting for some fairy tale to happen to them.

I agree totally with what Dark_Convoy said earlier. True love means true friendship. You're with somebody that you like spending time with, you know each other openly and honestly, you trust one another, you're willing to accept one each others good qualities and bad. I think all these things describe a good friendship. The rest is just a feeling you get that you are happy with the other person. Its not possible for anyone to truely feel this way about a total stranger just by looking at them.... thats called being horny/lonely/both and it wears off in time.

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Wanna know what the Bible says about true love?

;) 

16. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

- I believe with maturity, understanding, compassion, and loyalty- one can find true love. I don't know if I necessary believe we're all sent here by some greater force (or forces) to find someone on this one planet who is compatible with us. And we're supposed to be together no matter what, ect ect ect, cue singing Disney animals. I mean I believe I've found a life long friend/s. But outside of that *shrugs*

- Love is blind. It just simply is. The bastard, needs some glasses.

- It's also unconditional. And as long as your hobbies aren't unhealthy and in any way damaging to your life or their life (drugs, gambling, drinking). Sometimes love can even heal emotional issues.
    "Furry" has nothing to do with it. While I just mostly hang with a few clean-SANE-artists from the crowd. There are many "furry" girls out there. It's really sad that a bunch of psychopaths with twisted fetishes kind of ruined it for a lot of people who just like animals with human characteristics 8| (/vent)

- I think sensitivity wins in the long run, you keep putting all that good karma out into the air, it's bond to come back to you.

And dude, you're 16. Almost 10 years younger then me (god damn it doesn't feel that long ago) things will change. My out look on life is totally different then it was at your age. Don't worry about it :) 

17. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

at 16 you will have a hard battle trying to figure out the difference between lust and love. though lust can under a good relationship turn into love.

Love is blind and unconidtional and you can get love at first sight. Love is alot of things to alot of people. you will come to your own defination of it when you get older.

As for me. i have vagely given up the hope of finding love. hoping that fate might give me what i need. though if i am not too social then fate my just give me a door prize.

and my final words are "Curse you Hamtaro!"

18. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I think true love exists, and it's not necessarily about sexual attraction between two people. I love my best friend with all my heart. She's the closest thing I have to a sister, and we're 100% loyal to each other. We both want the other to be happy, and really, that's one of the most important aspects of love - wanting the best for the person you care for.

Damn...QFT.

:dj 

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Nothing else needs to be said.

Plus you're 16, go jerk off.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hell.Fucking.No

But then again, my crappy lovelife has made me into a cynical SOB, so donĀ“t listen to me...