True Fan Nods in Animated Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prowl, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to post this in the Episode 10 discussion, but Animated seems to be filled with so many nods to Transformer's past (this weekend a nod to even the other toys of that era) that I wanted to start a thread based on the many nods in the show.

But not so much to list them, since we all know them.

Rather that it's really nice to see true nods in this show. Cybertron, in particular tended to do what most Transformer-related things do when the writers and creators aren't so much fans, rather, they watch Transformers the movie and then say "oooo, let's use a line from that movie and make the fans giddy."

Animated takes it to another level, where you know the writers/creators know who Kremzeek is, and know who Daniel is outside of just the movie. They know that Beast Wars Megatron was a purple Dino. Some of these things (like Grimlock speaking exactly like he did in the old show), could have been gathered by a viewing of the old movie, but honestly, I think these guys watched the old show, and it "shows".

We aren't just getting rehashed "I would have waited an eternity for this" lines as a way to show (Oh we're fans too). We're getting little nudges here and there, and that, to me, is a comforting thought, knowing that despite having to adhere to new fans with the style, that they know what they are doing.

Kremzeek in an episode doesn't mean that this is G1... but it means that they know enough about G1 to get what made it special, and that we are in for a treat (one that has been obvious in the last couple of episodes).

small spoiler
    My question is.. If Daniel is at Sari's party because his parents work for her dad, does that mean that we might see Spike in more than just a cameo one day?

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Knowing corporations, Spike is probably a middle-level manager, since he didn't have much of a formal education in the cartoon :D  Carly was at MIT when she was 16.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hahah yeah, it's probably Carly who works for the good professor. Good to see you Fit, BTW.

4. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    I do belive that spike will return maybe at some point because 1, We have seen him in the show as a cameo. 2,The person doing the voice for Megatron and Ratchet (cant rember his name) also voiced Spike in G1. And 3, because of point number 2 someone from the show hinted that Spike may return. I would be happy to see him in animated he is the only good human in transformers in my book.

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

The voice is Corey Burton.

6. swarlock

Double post. Sorry.

7. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    Thats it Corey Burton thank you swarlock yes he didi Spike, Brawn, and Shockwave. I also rember hearing from some where that Shockwave was to be on animated at some point. I think it would be so awesome to have Spike and Shockwave return with thier G1 voices!

8. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm beginning to think that half the fun of watching the new show is find as many easter eggs as possible. :) 

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Waspinator or Rattrap maybe cameo in there Beast Modes?

10. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    To be fair, the writers didn't just watch the old movie when they made the new Transformers movie. They watched the first three episodes of G1 instead!

11. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

"One shall stand, and one shall fall"

12. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    That came from the online "Get a line into Transformers!" contest. The writers didn't come up with it.

13. swarlock

Yep. :thumbs2: 

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    If you listen during Soundwave's attack in "Sound and Fury," the guy who claims he'll start recycling is Corey Burton using his Spike voice

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    didja guys noticed they used SW droids sound effect, in particular the mouse droid, in the scene where SW takes over the automatons?

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I did not.

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They also know more then just the G1 toon - there are some references to the TF comics too. One important element is the 'Well of All Sparks' which Ratchet mentions quite often, and is from the Dreamwave - The War Within series, basically a holy site where Primus's spark can communicate with the TFs, all 'dead' tf's sparks return to primus at this point (see also the Ultimate Guide).

I hope to see more nods to the Marvel G1 comics... There are already some - Soundwave is much more of the mastermind that he was in the comics, unlike the loyal toadie he was in the toon. I also hope they'll use Shockwave's G1 comic personality in the show.... also that Grimlock eventually 'evolves' into his 'badass' self, and doesn't stay stupid. There are already signs showing that in 'Blast from the past'.

18. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    As long as he doesn't 'evolve' into an Actionmaster, I'll be happy.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, I laughed out when I saw the TF Movie 'Unleashed' figures. Never thought they'd try releasing more action masters, but they did... They clog the shelves everywhere now. :) 

20. swarlock

I did.