True Blood - HBO Series Premiere

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deadend, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    So True blood is premiering as I speak. Anyone else checking it out?

I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out, so far everything I've seen about it makes it look quite interesting.

It's based on the Charlene Harris 'Southern Vampire Series'.

Synthetic Blood has been created that can meet the vampire feeding needs, so they've stepped out of the coffin and gone public, wanting full rights as any other person since they already pay taxes and more as is.

I forget who all stars in it, but Anna Paquin of X-men movies fame will be one of the major stars in it. As a character with telepathic powers.

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

I thought I recognized that actress's voice...

and tell me how it is, since I don't have HBO...costs too damn much

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Don't get HBO, but it might be worth watching eventually. The big questions is: can they walk around in daylight?

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It was pretty sweet, reairs again in a few minutes.

I don't have HBO either, I got lucky with a free weekend this weekend.

All I gotta say is, it's very adult, and the dark humor just works. Really awesome show, can't wait to see more.

Bill the vampire was quite entertaining, as is Sookie's (Paquin) 'loud-mouthed' friend's dialogue. Should be a pretty decent vampire show from the looks of it. A very dark horror, dramedy. Kinda in the vein of Dark Shadows, but done I think in a far better manner. The supernatural aspect kind of takes a back step as these vampires seem to be 'nature' based in what they are and are afflicted with.

Bloodcopy and the making ofs covered the daylight and weaknesses. Daylight makes them weak and they smolder, burn in long exposure. It's just not a sudden combustion so to speak. How long to how bad the burn I'm not sure as it's not covered in the show yet. They did cover in this episode how some humans drain vamps for blood as a drug. Since vamp blood enhances senses and more. Also not all can shapeshift, nor fly, etc, those are myths it seems. Including crosses and holy water, they don't work. Silver seems to be a weakness, but that fits the mythos anyway similiar to the reasoning that iron is used in some mythos. It's really something one must look into themself, they've gone quite indepth from the looks of the making of stuff and bloodcopy, too much info for me to really regurgitate in post form.

I also gotta say the opening scene to this show has been one of the best vampire moments I've ever seen since whedon created Angel.

5. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    no they cant walk in sunlight see hbo had this little half hour mock dateline thing on the coming out of the american vampire might be on hbo.com not sure but they are allergic to sunlight,silver, stakes thru the heart which they say wouldnt that kill a normal human. they have a civil rights group. and a kkk like right wing religous group called the children of light or soldiers of light something like that. it was a kool little featurette. but yes i loved six feet under so this was awsome also neone else that saw it think she might have telekenetic powers too

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    im recording it

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Did it suck as bad as those previews/featurettes? Man, how those blew.

8. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watched it with a friend tonight and thought it has potential. I suggested it because we both like Buffy/Angel and other vampire stuff. We will be catching it to see how it plays out.

I also got the telekenetic feel. It seemed to me that the chain around dudes neck seemed to be tightening after it was wrapped around him. I guess time will tell.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Well the easiest way to find out if you don't want to wait, is to read the book series. xD

But yeah that chain did get awefully tight from a light wrap around.

Overall though, this was awesome. Dark comedy indeed, but I still can't get over that intro clerk scene in the first ep. That was just so much epic win, I'm already sold on the show.

"Have a nice day." xD

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea just found out about the books. I am reading something at the moment but will have to pick these up when that is done.

Have you read the books? If so how does the show compare so far?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  11. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I've seen so far, this is DAMN near spot on with the book. They took some liberites, but I think for the better.

Can't wait for episode 2, and to go finish the first book.

And the opening was GOLDEN!

12. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Well instead of starting a new thread I will just pick it up here.

6 episodes in and this show is one of my favorites. Tonight's show was okay but next week looks really good. I don't like how they are making Stackhouse into a drug addict.

Maybe Spoilers..................................Does anyone else think that the bar owner is the killer? Any thoughts?

13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

He's not.

14. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Dam I really thought he was..............I'm a sucker for spoilers can you just give me the name or tell me if its someone we have seen in the show so far.

15. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

i am reading the books

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm enjoying the say also. Love the Louisiana setting, but I hope we really don't sound like when we talk.

Does anyone know who is the girl Jason tripped with tongith? I know her somewhere, but can't place my finger on who she is.

17. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Sam (The boss) was a werewolf... I remember that Slice of Scifi said that the books bring in werewolves later on in the series.

I can't wait to see last night's episode. Only problem is my sister has been speed-reading the book and she might spoil it for me.

18. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My wife watched the whole series on on-demand this weekend. Very good. Is it just me or is the black-chick waitress really hot? Anna paquin, on the other hand, just doesn't do it for me.

19. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and chucked it half way through. It really didn't seem to be going anywhere to me.

20. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give it a few more episodes, it picks up after the first one. The first episode is SOOOO much like the first 3 book chapters, it's scary.

And Gram is a hoot.

"You're going to hell stackhouse!"
    "Yes, well thank you for calling, we'll look forward to seeing you at the church." :lol