Truce?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hines1986, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    I am almost positive megatron is talking to sentinel prime when he says all i wanted was a truce what would u be without me prime watch it again the whole time he's looking at and directing it toward sentinel prime

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, he's talking to Optimus.

3. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    Makes no sense sentinel would have been nothing without megatron that's y he says it they made a deal I'm tellin u if u see it again megatron looks at him the whole time get Nelson on hear to tell us who he was talking to

4. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, he was talking to Prime because he just saved his ass. Why would he be talking to Sentinel?

5. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    Because he had all the pillars and made a deal with him y would sentinel need to make a deal with megatron because he had to hence what would u be without me all I'm saying is when u see it again watch and tell me what u think I wouldn't make it up it just jumped out at me as i was watching that he was looking at sentinel

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was talking to Prime. If he wasn't, why did Prime rip his spine out?

7. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    I dont know just watch it again hopefully someone else saw it

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I don't think Megatron is really saving OPtimus. Carly got to him and he knows Sentinel is going to stab him in the back. It just opens up a window for Prime to take them both out.

9. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    So megatron just sits there and let's prime take his face off looking at him the whole time think about it.he was focused on sentinel, prime saw his chance and took it.

10. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Megatron is sitting back and watching Optimus and Sentinel kick the crap out of each other until Carly comes up to him and tells him that Sentinel is going to stab him in the back. She plays his lust for power against him and it gives Optimus the window he needs to take them out. Megatron seems as if he is beaten throughout the movie. He doesn't seem to have much fight in him and doesn't fight or kill anyone. Megs doesn't sit around he takes down Sentiel after Sentinel and Optimus have been beating the crap out of each other. Then when Sentinel is down, Optimus attacks Megatron, takes him out and then finishes off Sentinel.

11. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

I'm a prime fan.. But it was total element of surprise that Prime used to off him.. He had just single handedly beat the heck out of sentinel. Prime was helpless at that point. I heard on another thread someone said they read the book and Megatron was having internal dialogue. I might have to pick up the book to make better sense as to who Megs was talking to. Either way Megs stills the show for me with his beat down of the fiendish sentinel. I still refuse to call him a prime.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, Optimus didn't have much choice in beating him single handedly, :lol 
    ouchies..but yep, read the book, the movie didn't end like the book, but as usual, it gives a much better understanding of the thoughts from Megs and Prime.

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Either way it makes zero sense in the context.

The novel still pulled it off way better.

14. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

i was kinda confused too. so what, the short term truce was megs and prime vs. sentinel (which is why megs said ud be nothing without me cuz he shot sentinel in the back) and then prime just used that opportunity to kick megs ass? i cant see any long term truce megs would have referred to

15. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

I found it a strang . Megatron saving Prime and in a blink of a eye Megatron's head hangs on Prime his axe. I loved that Megatron should survived

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I was thinking he was talking to Optimus. I could be wrong, though.

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Was the fight between Optimus and Megatron longer in the novel? I have the novel, I just didn't read it cause I didn't want to get spoiled

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

They never fought. Megatron helped Optimus kill Sentinel like the movie, but then Megatron sincerely submitted to Prime, begging for death. Prime refused and then agreed to the truce, because he held hope that they could live in peace.

19. MegaDevastator

MegaDevastator Constructicon

Megatron asks a rhetorical question to Sentinel Prime, "What would you be without me?" because Megatron planned everything, even Sentinel being revived by Optimus, and Megatron assumed that gave him all the credit and power, including over Sentinel.

But earlier in the movie, before Megatron attacks Sentinel, Sentinel gets in Megatron's face when they are on the tower and tells Megatron that he would never be ruled by Megatron, and rips a piece of his face off. Sam's girlfriend, Carly, sees this scene through a telescope.

What caused Megatron to attack Sentinel was that Carly goes to Megatron when he's sitting on the ground and watching Cybertron teleport next to Earth and convinces him that Sentinel only used him for his own plans and had no intention of letting Megatron rule at all, and Carly tells Megatron he'd be Sentinel's bitch, using that exact word.

20. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

So they agree to a truce in the book ? Does Megs die ? I thought they could have just let him die from his injuries myself. But they went for the everything has to be tied up approach, and boy they wrapped it up. I never thought I would be cheering for Megs, but I was almost vocal. Cherring for him to beat sentinel's but! And I must admit, I'm no better than prime. I wanted Sentinel out of comission. I was cheering for prime to execute him, due in large part as a measure of revenge for Ironhide.