TRU with original ROTF toys and LOTS of Bludgeon!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kinoko_Otoko, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Kinoko_Otoko

Kinoko_Otoko Unenlightened

So I went to TRU today to see what I could see, and well over half their TF stock was from the first (or a very early) ROTF toy release. Not NEST Alliance, not Hunt for the Decepticons, not Reveal the Shield. Just ROTF. I saw lots of Chromia and Arcee, whatever wave they were from.

And that's not all. Virtually all their Voyagers were split between some black repaint of movie Ironhide and that sweet skullfaced Bludgeon. Slagit, that gallery is misleading... I'm talking about the standalone Voyager, not the Bludgeon that comes packaged with the helicopter Autobot. (Whirl?)

I only ever saw that Bludgeon in a certain K-mart that's particularly bad about not selling their stock due to a bad location. I was under the impression it was rare.

In addition, there was an entire section of Animated toys! In particular I saw lots of Hot Rodimus, whichever wave he was from. I remember seeing Lockdown too.

Am I missing something??? Should I not be confused about this?

This is at the TRU in Greenwood on the south side of Indianapolis, by the way... in case anyone actually lives around here.

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, the TRU near me was loaded with those too. I would guess that they got a screaming deal from Hasbro to take some of the old stock. I didn't check the Voyagers, but they were loaded with Animated and early ROTF stuff.

Rodimus is a TRU exclusive, and they have stocked it pretty well, though the price on that figure has gone up in most places to between $16.99 and $18.49. This is a double edged sword, it cuts down on the scalping, so it is easier to find, but at the same time it kind of rapes the customers. Glad I got it when it was still $12.99.

I can see a "Buy One, Get Two Free" coming on those ROTF deluxes in the near future. Too bad there is nothing that I would even want at that price, ended up giving 20 of the ones I got from the Double Your Action to "The Giving Tree" before Christmas. More worthwhile then trying to hauk them at $3-4 each.

3. zman009

zman009 Member

yep, my toys r us is completely stocked with the old Rotf stuff too.........

4. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Guess they're backfilling from the Christmas emptiness. Might have to pop into my local and see if they have any older scouts on the pegs.

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

This sounds exactly like my TRU. They must've been trying to get rid of their stuff during the holiday season.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Right on. Bludgeon is awesome.

7. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Haha, I'm guessing ROTF was a bit of a flop from the looks of it. Especially since Hasbro had that Double Your Action giveaway in the summer. There is still oodles of ROTF figs shelfwarming at stores too! The TRU I have recently been to was overstocked with old ROTF Voyagers such as The Fallen. Other stores are still overstocked with ROTF Leaders too.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Those sales happen to every series and figures linger no matter what. That's not an indication of it's success.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well I'm sure once the retailers start to purchase the TF3 figures, these will end up on dramatic clearance. Good thing for those of you who have interest in the movie line. Let's just hope it happens soon so it doesn't effect shelf space for newer stuff.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

There hasn't been a time when my local TRU's haven't been loaded with RoTF stuff since it started coming out a few years ago. Let me know if you want 24 Deluxe Dead Ends. I think they're $6.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to check my TRU. I need me a Bludgeon.

12. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:

what do you expect?

TRU has been whoring their toy supplies out the door with giant sales the last two weeks...it would not be much to imagine they sold all of their current stock and had old stock delivered from a stocking center or pulled old stock from the back...really folks....it is just 2 days after christmas weekend just ending....

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It not just Toys R us, Wal Mart restock on ROTF Skywarp and Ramjet.

14. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    same here.

15. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Kmart, Target and TRU are loaded with ROTF over here (not Bludgeon though). I think it does indicate that people have had enough of the movie aesthetic. Its like Christmas had no effect on that stuff. Any Generations was stripped over the last two weeks, its so obvious what kids want I hope Hasbro complete the move away from the movie look that we have had lately.

I am just waiting for clearance on Seaspray and Leader Starcream so I can get doubles.

16. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

The TRUs in Kuala Lumpur are overloaded with Bludgeon too - he's the only Voyager they can't seem to give away, probably because he wasn't in the movie. He's on clearance, but not cheap enough to warrant a purchase really.

ROTF/HFTD has in general been selling really well, but there are some particularly stubborn ones which TRU (and other retailers) can't seem to give away. Skids, Mudflap, Tuner Skids, Tuner Mudflap, Skids/Mudflap Ice-Cream truck, Skids/Mudflap Ice-Cream Truck w/Demolishor (I would have bought that just for Demolishor, if I hadn't already gotten him as a stand-alone Voyager), and Human Alliance Bee and Mudflap. Others like Chromia, Wheelie, Jetblade, Ironhide, Sea Attack Ravage are also very common here and there. And before you laugh at the movie figures, Generations Thrust probably outnumbers most of these other than the Skids and Mudflaps in all their unwanted incarnations.

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I saw that too at ours. I was bewildered.

18. Kinoko_Otoko

Kinoko_Otoko Unenlightened

In other words, 'No, you should not be surprised about this.' You don't have to act so exasperated. There are always going to be people learning this stuff; I just happen to be one of them right now.

How is Bludgeon's availability? Did I just get crappy distribution in my area or do you think they've all been in warehouses instead?

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Bludgeon's case was held up in warehouses from slow moving of the earlier Voyager waves. I saw in my area a LOT of Constructicon shelf warming, especially at TRU. YMMV.

20. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

My TRU has at least a dozen Mindwipes!