TRU video game Buy 2 get 1 free....WHEN?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by *Deathblade, Sep 30, 2006.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

Every year around the second week of October TRU does a buy 2 get 1 free on video games, they are already doing it with GI joes and TFs, could someone that works at TRU kindly post the date this will happen and what systems will be included. PS2 /XBOX/GC are a given, but 360,psp, and DS/GBA I am curious about.

Thanks in advance

2. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Hmm, interesting, I've either never heard of this or I've completely forgotten about it. Make sure to post anything if you find out something, bro.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

They did it this week (ending today 9/30) but it was only for games priced $19.99 and under.

4. jet convoy

It ended today?! FUCK!

5. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I already took advantage of this sale on the $19.99 games. But if I remember correctly, a similar sale may happen again in the near future, as I thought the B2G1 on games happened more than once during "Geoffrey's Birthday Sale" season. And keep your eyes open for a similar sale from Best Buy as well.

6. jet convoy

I will, thanks.

So isn't there such a thing such as an event where the actual game console's price is lowered a bit. Because I'm planning on buying a PSP due to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. I have the moola but, you know... saving a few bucks never hurt anyone.

7. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm expecting the real one to be in a month or two, so don't worry, it'll come.

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I know it's not this week, but from what I remember it's late October/early November. I'll make sure to post something when I find out when its going to be.

9. *Deathblade

double post

10. *Deathblade

yeah its usually the second or 3rd week of october, and has happened the last 3 or 4 years in a row. They do it to clear out old stock, before the rush of holiday games comes in. Usually the first week its XBOX/PS2/GC then a week or so later DS/GBA

With the PS3 and Wii looming on the horzion I dont think this year will be any different. With them already having done 19.99 b2g1f its only a matter of time before the regular one (49.99) happens.....only question is when, and if 360 and psp will be included.

11. *Deathblade

BUMP- anyone find out about this yet? I know some of posters here work at TRU

12. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

Cheap Ass Gamer is your friend.

13. *Deathblade

went there..pretty okay site. No one has definetively answered the question yet over there either.

14. Jesus

Well if a deal like this is going on, there would usually be a whole thread dedicated to it(and probably on the front page)

So i'll take a gander and say no. But if anything comes up, i'll be sure to ring in here.

15. *Deathblade

no, not usually, I actually had to make this thread the last couple years in a row. It doesnt get front paged or anyting.

16. *Deathblade

no, not usually, I actually had to make this thread the last couple years in a row. It doesnt get front paged or anything.

17. Jesus

Well, at least from what I can catch from the search engine, they're in the same boat as you. There was one thread asking when it would happen and all I could gather is someone claiming that it usually starts around the last week of october.

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Theres a thread at the CAG forums from a guy who says he works at TRUS saying the sale will be happening Oct22-Oct28.

19. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

And I can confirm that it is. Just saw the flyer tonight, I know where last weeks and this weeks paycheck are going.

20. *Deathblade

yeah this happening this week. I picked up a few games. Sad thing is the selection isnt that great...also you guys should know that TRU has allegedly wisened up and there will be no "my brother already got this game" so you can return it for next week's newer hotter releases.

Supposedly you can only exchange for games released at the time of the sale and nothing afterwards.