TRU trumps Target with better sale!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cbff, Jun 29, 2009.

1. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    All this week, Toys R Us will be having the following:

$9.99 Deluxes
    $17.99 Voyagers
    $39.99 Leaders

For the most part, it's the same, HOWEVER, if you buy $30 worth of Transformers, you get a $10 collectible gift card featuring Bumblebee on it!

You will have to do the mathematics on your own to determine whether getting $10 back is better than 20% off, but buying two Voyagers for $35.98 and getting $10 back, thereby making them really $25.98 is a really good deal.

Check if the prices are active in your neighborhood by going to Toysrus.com Home - The Official Toys"R"Us Web Site , clicking the "Check local ads" button, and typing in your zip code.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    So I can buy a Leader and get a deluxe free? NICE!

Let's see, Universe Dreadwind plus $10 = a deluxe.

Hmm...my brother wants a Dreadwind and a movie Wheelie. Sounds like a plan!

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hmmmm. the only problem is this week they are left with the stuff we have or don't want!!!! j/k...I'll find something

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I think Darkwind is an Ultra (or whatever that class is called), not a Voyager. However, if Darkwind and Countdown are included in the sale for $17.99 each, I would totally get both of those. Maybe even the older movie 1 Cybertron redecos which are still pegwarmers. Anyone know for sure?

Edit: Looks like the "check local ads" function uses Flash, which I have disabled in my main browser. That's why I couldn't see it.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Ughhh...why did I have to buy Leader Prime this last Friday--and I already opened him!:banghead: 

And after THOSE twist ties--I'm sure as hell not repacking him up to return him.
    And not only that, unless they get in a Leader Jetfire, I pretty much have all the ROTF I care to buy at this point in time.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn. I'm all caught up with the rotf cast. Unless Jolt, the twins and Long Haul come out this week I can't take advantage of this sale.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think I might try to grab a couple of Voyagers at that price. Had my eye on Megs and I never grabbed Ratchet from the first movie.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm pretty caught up too. Still need The Fallen though. I would need to find him and Mixmaster, or maybe even Jetfire.

9. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    suuuucks. Why are all these TF sales going on while I'm out of town and can't buy jack!

10. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I bought a few things yesterday and then I checked the receipt. I even went back there to confirm what had happened, because I feel like its a scam, even if it isn't.

They line item each figure, then show a discount on them, so that the discounts add up to $10. Then they charge you $10 for a gift card and at the close of the transaction they give you a $10 gift card.

I bought 2 Scouts, 1 Voyager, and a roll of wrapping paper. The receipt showed:

Scout 7.99 2.05 5.94
    Scout 7.99 2.05 5.94
    Voyager 20.99 5.90
    17.99 5.00 12.09
    Wrapping paper 3.99

Gift card 10.00

Total before tax: 37.96

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Honestly that's how I would expect it to work. They are not giving you $10 off, but rather they are giving you $10 towards a future purchase. Lots of promotions work like that.

12. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Don't forget, Walmart will match sale prices. they will not however match sale percentages so the Target sale is not valid. The TRU sale is! Just remember to let them know at checkout as they have the TRU sales add hanging up.

so, if you cant find the former you're looking for at TRU, try Walmart and get the same deal.

13. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I know this. Its just the order in which they do them seems strange. Here is $10 off your toys, but then we are going to charge you $10, and then we will give you back $10 for next time.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Calculations:
    Today: Optimus 39.99
    Tomorrow: Megatron 39.99
    Thursday: Two Voyagers 35.98

Expenditure: 124.08 including tax, but get 30 bucks back for a future wave (assuming that's by August 30th. if not, I'll buy anyway and return/exchange them later.) thus 94.08
    Buying same products via target's sale: 106.11

Difference: ~12

Hm. That's a deluxe. I Think I'll go with TRU and get 30 for a future wave. Next week, I'll go to target for superion, two deluxes, and a scout (or a third deluxe, depends on what's available).

15. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

Awsome im going to my toys r us tommorow and getting leader megs

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think I'm having some trouble understanding how it works. So its not a simple $10 back (which, obviously, gets channeled back into TRU :D )?

17. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can do price adjustments at Target up to two weeks. Walmart 3 weeks? TRU?

If you just look at the total then the $10 off is better then Target's 20% up to $50. In most cases, the TRU deal is better because you don't have to buy 4 items. Of course, it's really going to come down to which item the stores have.

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Wait, so I can go to Target and get money back on the Superions I bought a few days ago before the sale? Do I have to bring the figures, or will the sales receipt do?

19. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    It actually is just $10 for a future purchase. They just do a little creative math for reconciling on their side.

20. Fenixblue

Fenixblue Well-Known Member

All you need is the receipt. I bought a deluxe, leader, voyager and Titanium last week week when the 20% off sale started. I went back this morning and they credited my account the difference.