TRU to begin in store pickup for online sales

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Toyzaremine, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Yeah.. I was gonna say "yay and about time" but.. then I remembered you cant get new hot items in store or online anyway.. so, whatever I guess. The stores are still going to have/get the same old stuff/quantity they always did. Highly doubt theres gonna be a secret room in every store that wharehouses everything ppl are gonna buy online. The way that newspost is worded, to me, very much sounds like its really only even geared towards babies r us stuff anyway..

While still cool they are getting with the 21st century.. I doubt its gonna help the tf cause. Mine anyway >.>

3. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

For Toys R Us- ABOUT TIME! Very smart idea because this will give stores more reason to be there. IMO they should take out the baby section of Toys R US stores that have a Babies R Us next to them to make room for this section.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    About damned time.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Could have used that about a month or two ago when I ordered Animated Rodimus online...

6. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

The two-hour bit and the heavy focus on Babies R Us means that this is surely only for staple items like diapers and formula,that they always have in stock.

The two-hour bit gurantees that this isn't the equivalent of Walmart's site-to-store, which is actually shipped to the store from the warehouses, via the standard delivery channels. Two hours gives them enough time to pull the item from backroom stock.

Nothing exciting here, from a TF-centric view.

At best, this may result in a better store stock checking portal, so that we can at least know whether a given TRU has 20 Tuner Mudflaps or just 19 of them.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah the whole two-hour guarantee, doesn't really make my heart a flutter with joy. They should have adopted the Walmart model and ship stuff from the warehouse to the store of choice.