TRU shipping in mailer envelopes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Am I the only one that TRU sent their order in a mailer envelope?

I ordered a Prime: RID Soudwave last week and it was mail in a envelope. Somehow I was not surprised that it was crushed and damaged. I called TRU CS and they said all they can do is send a return label and offer a refund since the item is sold out.

I'm pretty upset about the whole thing. But what can I do.

2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

That happened to me a bunch of times.The people who work at TRU.com are morons.

3. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Toysrus thinking: the bubblevope will keep the toy from getting damaged and a kid will rip into it as soon as he gets dotm. Who cares if the package is damaged?
    They don't sell exclusively to collectors, so you can't expect them to. This happened to me a couple times through eBay. I had ordered g1 painted movie jazz and it arrived in my mailbox stamped several times DO NOT BEND. So frustrating, but it wasn't the seller's fault, so I just accepted the flawed packaging.and moved on. Ill know better next time I buy a carded toy.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I don't mind about the bent up card or plastic bubble on the card.. But the item was damaged.

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Yeah, from my experience, it's not a good idea to order anything from TRU. Their customer service sucks, and they are extremely unreliable.

A few months back I ordered an FE Arcee - it was bought and paid for. They "canceled" my order, saying the item I wanted was out of stock, yet the morons still sent me my freebie pack of worthless trading cards and had the nerve to charge me shipping for it.

Needless to say, I'm never ordering from them again.

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart did that with my BiS set. Toy arrived alright but the box was crushed and the comic pretty bent.

Walmart CS gave me a $5 rebate if I kept the set. I did so it was a win-win IMHO, though I was pretty ticked with the shipping and let the know it.

7. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Actually I would be pissed UNLESS I agreed to a bubble package before hand like if I was buying on boards.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had it twice. Called and complained... told them they should reexamine how some things are shipped after the rep told me something about how the computer determines packaging or something similar.

9. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    I would have argued that with my credit card company.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've only ordered once from them -- the MP Rodimus when they had it on sale for under retail. I guess I got lucky.

But yeah, it's one of the reasons I don't complain about BBTS. You pay a little more, but you have peace of mind. They know how to ship things safely. And if there's a problem with the item when it arrives, they deal with it and often eat the cost themselves. Any difference in price between them and somewhere like tru, I look at as shipping insurance.

11. At0mic Cav3man

At0mic Cav3man Well-Known Member

He's right. If you used a credit card (not a debit card), you can probably dispute the charge because the item came damaged and the seller refused to right things. It's worth a shot anyway.

12. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has happened to me more than once.

The first time was the Movie 2007 "Battle for the AllSpark" Legends Set - somehow they managed to cram the box into a bubble mailer. And it's not a little box, either. The packaging was completely mauled, but the toys didn't appear to be damaged.

I contacted customer service - their reply was pretty much "well, the toys weren't damaged, only the packaging, so there's nothing we can do". I ended up exchanging it at a brick and mortar store (they refunded the shipping charges - I'm not even sure if they do this any more) for a mint set when they showed up on the store's shelves.

More recently, I had three of the mini Star Wars TFs crammed into a bubble mailer...let's see, what else? Oh yeah, a TF Play-Doh set in a bubble mailer...I think that's pretty much it for recent things.

Needless to say, if you want mint-condition packaging, avoid ordering from TRU online.

MIKE
    engledogg

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Guess I've been lucky - my PRiD Ratchet and Arcee both shipped in boxes, no issues with either.

14. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've found that single items (well, with the exception of the three SW TFs I mentioned above) sometimes get the bubble mailer treatment, so I think you got lucky. :) 

MIKE
    engledogg

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While it sucks, I pretty much have accepted that ordering stuff online from mass retailers like Amazon, TRU, Wal-mart etc. the packing is going to be total crap.

If I want a figure in pristine condition I will get it from TFSource or BBTS.

16. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Does hts ever use bubble envelopes?

17. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    it is best to return it! and get your refund and just wait for more soudwave to come out! i never order it online i always get it at bigbadtoystore there shipping is great! they put a bunch of bumble rap in the box! plus that is a nomal item if is a special limited editon or somithing that i been searching for along time i go to bigbad or toysrus online for it like rodimus prime MP. but other than that NEVER buy it at a store like that!
    i alway go to multiple stores to not just 1! i go to target/walmart/toysrus/and kmart. and see if they have it! but it is better to wait later cause right now these are all new figs and everyone wants them(whelljack and soundwave and megs.) just wait a couple more months!

18. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered a deluxe figure from TRU one time and in order to fit it in the box they folded the top half of the card under.

The best part was all they had to do was turn the figure 90 degrees in the other direction and it fit into the box fine without doing anything. I picked it up, turned it sideways and set it right back in the box where it fit perfectly, all the while just shaking my head.

That was pretty much the end of me ordering stuff from them.

19. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Guess I've been lucky. ive ordered like 5 single deluxes at different times and they all have shipped in boxes and have been unharmed. Only place that bent packaging to ship was HTS with my Junkheap and Skyshadow.

~AAD

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually i don't have problems with them until my most recent order (non TF.) i ordered a toy gun for $11. instead i got a $60 Lego set in a box 3x bigger than the item.
    the receipt/invoice in the box clearly stated "toy gun".

i was not about to pay return shipping (for an order they got wrong) and wait for them to get it right. so i gave my nieces the Lego set and i will get the item i want from elsewhere.

EDIT: Read the invoice- it pretty much says, "if you return it to us, you better do a better job than we did getting it to you or we can deny you service."

aint that a hoot?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012