TRU SDCC 2017 MP-10 Optimus Announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  2. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Paint job seems very nice but... is this really the best they could do? Or is there gonna be more?

• Like Like x 1
  3. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    OMG! I can't believe that they're releasing that Optimus Prime-colored Optimus Prime from that video as an SDCC exclusive! So unfair! I mean it's not like anyone can just go down to their local Toys R Us and buy an Optimus Prime-colored Optimus Prime. All you'd find are lame non-SDCC exclusive red, blue, and grey Optimus Primes. And honestly, who wants that?

4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? Is Hasbro MP-10 currently in the market at TRU?

5. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    So, this is the 3rd exclusive Optimus Prime for SDCC 2017?

• Like Like x 1
  6. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Is there any info on price yet?

7. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...Dammit.

I was hoping the TRU MP Prime was actually coming to stores, but NO it\'s a f@#%ing SDCC exclusive!

F--k You TRU.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

Does this mean that Hasbro isnt done distributing MP figures? Weve yet to see anything post MP Bumblebee(IIRC) but maybe if this sells well it will show Hasbro that were still interested in domestically released MPs. I sure am.

9. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    It will come to stores. Often times they start at SDCC first then find their way into stores. IIRC, Streak or Prowl were the same way. Maybe even Thundercracker.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is the same MP-10 that was announced a month ago in the Hasbro video, but this is a Press Release announcing the figure with stock images and SDCC booth info. However there's no price info yet. I'm sure we'll get more on this and any other exclusives in the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee too.

Difference is though that Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and TLK Optimus Prime are Hasbro Toy Shop SDCC exclusives whereas Masterpiece Optimus Prime is a TRU SDCC premiere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    https://www.toysrusinc.com/blog/comic-convention-collectors-panels-and-costumes-oh-my

ShareFile

Prime is under the following header (underline mine):

The following Toys“R”Us exclusives will be available at the Comic Convention (Entertainment Earth booth #2343) from Wednesday, July 19 – Sunday, July 23, and online at Toysrus.com/ComicConvention from Thursday, July 20 – Sunday, July 23. These items will also be available at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide later this year.

$159.99, credit to millerman3732 post #2849 here: The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    i feel like the millions of repaints and rereleases of this figure are to make sure everyone has at least one version of mp10....so who is it? who out there STILL doesn't have a version of this mold? fess up because you're the reason this figure keeps being reissued...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

So instead of something new, it\'s just another re-release of MP-10. What a lazy move by Hasbro.

The upside--I'm sure a lot of Transformers fans can skip the line for the Hasbro Shop at SDCC.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Even so, I feel like this is too much Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  16. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    Technically, not at the moment. But this same SDCC exclusive will be available at Toys R Us. Probably very soon after SDCC, perhaps even before, if past SDCC "exclusives" like this are any indication.

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, then there's the reason you'd buy it at SDCC. If you're there, you get it early. I don't think Hasbro is suggesting you should attend SDCC just to get it, in fact a lot of their "exclusives" are shared with TRU and Entertainment earth. They're just using SDCC as a marketing tool.

18. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm one of the few that STILL doesn't have this figure. :( 

19. JoshimusPrime1993

JoshimusPrime1993 Rev up and Roll out!

News Credits:
    I really do hope that this figure goes to my local TRU. Does anyone know if this figure will be coming over to the UK? 

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Once again, there are two different types of "SDCC exclusives" when it comes to Hasbro toys (Transformers and other brands).

1) The original type were previously touted by Hasbro as "Hasbro Toy Shop exclusives launched at San Diego Comic-Con". Though Hasbro is no longer using that phrasing, the basic principle remains the same:
    - They are originally available at the Hasbro Toy Shop booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
    - A few days after the convention has ended, additional stock will be made available via the Hasbro Toy Shop website. In the early years, this was done while the convention was still in progress, but Hasbro/Hasbro Toy Shop has decided that a brief pause between the two offerings appears to be the better choice. Depending on the figure/set, supplies can either sell out instantly thanks to scalpers, or linger on for months (I'm looking at you, Knights of Unicron).
    - Additionally, the exclusivity only applies to the United States. There's nothing stopping Hasbro from releasing these figures or sets at general retail in other markets (such as Asia or Australia), or making them "exclusive" to different conventions in other markets (CybertronCon in Asia, London Film & Comic Con in the United Kingdom etc.).

2) The more recent type are basically just your typical Toys"R"Us exclusive that are simply offered early at the Toys"R"Us/Entertainment Earth booth at San Diego Comic-Con. They will subsequently see a regular release at Toys"R"Us stores in the US, and be offered bia the Toys"R"Us website as well. In fact, I seem to recall a Masterpiece figure from one of the previous years that was pompously hyped as an "SDCC exclusive" but was then found at TRU stores in the US before the convention had even started!
    - And of course, these figures and sets will often also be available at Toys"R"Us stores in other markets without any of that "SDCC" marketing hype nonsense.

• Like Like x 1