TRU-reissue well be back?but no Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by P.PRIME, Jul 25, 2006.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

That is why we , the tf fans, are better then what you refer to the "normal" people.

:D  :wink: 

2. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

this sucks! i just hope they dont do a fortress maximus reissue, THAT would hurted for the global TF marked and for alot of collectors :(  and please dont say its gonna be OP AGAIN!?

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'd say with the movie there's a good chance of some movement for reissues - i wouldn't even be surprised to see Optimus Prime re-released domesticlly in classics or movie themed packaging...

4. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Exactly! I just want something Takara has not or would not release in their Collection (Book Style) series.

And do the Decepticons ever get any love? :mad 

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

great news! Im thinking its the Dinobots but am keeping my fingers crossed for a Sky-lynx.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Global scalper market you mean. What? You're worried about those morons on ebay that want you to pay $800 + USD for a vintage Fort Max? But I seriously wouldn't worry about a reissue FM... they've said (many times) that he won't pass a drop test.

As for the reissues starting back up again. Unless TRU was going to price them at decent prices I wouldn't bother with them. Too little TF for the price... not to mention they've been changed to be released in the US market. The Takara versions I really don't mind paying those prices for because they're unchanged and they're being imported. But the Hasbro line? Eh, pass for me unless it's something rare... like the Artfire Hasbro's been hinting was on their short list if they ever started the reissue line back up.

7. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

Looks like we might see reissues of Blaster and Perceptor as possibles only autobots that hasbro hasn't reissued that takara has:confused: 

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i seriously wouldn't get my hopes up for those, sorry...

(and i'm pretty sure Sky-lynx falls in the Can't be reissued, becvause he was a licsned mold)

9. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

Oh man yes Sky-Lynx as a reissue I would get him for sure:cool: 

10. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I'd love to see some new reissues come to either the States or Takara.
    Has there been any talk if Takara will continue the reissues?

11. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Hmm... This is all very interesting. I hope there's still some validity to the Soundwave news.

You forgot Trailbreaker, Ratchet, Ironhide, Hound, Kup, Wheelie, Bumblebee, Gears, Huffer, Cosmos, Warpath, Powerglide.

*looks at list* Wow. Adding Blaster and Perceptor to the list, that's 8 possible reissues. I'm not even going to try to guess which one's we'll get (though I have the Minibot set, so I'd rather see a different reissue in its place).

I have a strong feeling we'll get Artfire though, considering Hasbro's interest in releasing him.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Of course we are, but we don't make lines successful. Reissues failed in the first place because we bought them while the casual buyer did not. Movie or not, kids are not gonna buy classic brick transformers when they'll have access to classics and the movie line.

Besides, like their original reissues, Hasbro will find some way to fuck reissues again. It was great for us to buy Prowl, BLuestreak, and Smokescreen again, but they were the same god damn mold just like the seekers and graple/inferno.

The only reissues that sold well were the original molds like OP, UM, HR, and RP. Of course, they came in small quanities (except RP) and once gone were not restocked.

The only way for reissues to sell is by having original molds...meaning Blaster, Perceptor Dinobots, Sixshot, triplechangers, etc, and no lousy Artfires which hardly anyone, but us will buy.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Really, Sky-Lynx was a liscense? What was his original mold/company/name?

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Blaster
    Perceptor
    Kup
    Wheelie
    Targetmaster Hot Rod
    Laser Optimus Prime

I bet it's these six.

Although I hope I am wrong. I'd love to finish my 'Con Jets and my "Bot cars!

15. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I'd bet money that we'll see OP reissued again. The rest would be nice for me, since I'm just starting to get into vintage stuff. :) 

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

I wouldn't count Soundwave out just yet. It is entirely possbile there won't be one, but it is also possible that this particular seller somehow didn't get a list with Soundwave on it (or otherwise got misinformed).
    Still cool news- great to hear further confirmation of more re-issues, even if Soundwave might not be one of them.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't believe we have reissues coming again, through next year and the one after, and none are decepticons?? that would blow chunks. I still need a thrust darnit. and I'm not counting the Soundwave out yet either...

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    That'd make a good classic-toy/new-movie tie-in. :D 

-airfox

19. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

TRU exclusive agian?! :(  There isnt any TRU in my area, so I guess its off to over-inflated eBay to get any reissues that I may want.

Also, if they dont want these to fail agian, #1: dont price them so high, #2: Make more original molds. At $30, I would rather spend a little more and buy a Japanese one and get the cool package, boxart, and little extra booklet that the toy comes with. And if they make more orrignal molds, they will sell more toys. I already have a Prowl and Smokescreen, so why would I pay $30 for a Bluestreak with messed up missiles too?

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Speaking of Bluestreak/Silverstreak, I finally saw the TRU reissue of him reduced to $12, and Ricochet was dropped to $20. And it's been how many years now?