TRU re-issue Perceptor's launcher problem.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LEADERS_MATRIX, Nov 10, 2009.

1. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

The launcher is stuck open, and the missles will not lock in, is this a common problem, or am I alone with this one?

2. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

You're not alone...I noticed the same problem with mine when I opened it last night.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they are all the same as far as i know

4. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

It's possible to fix it if you have the right screwdriver, a pen spring, and some other small hobby tools. (Plus patience as getting the inside unlocked and armed can be a chore if you aren't careful).

It's all part of modern toy regulations. For Hasbro it's the choice of a reissue with proper but non-firing missiles or a reissue with big giant goofy ones (which are on some of the first reissue figures). It's an understandable regulation that the missiles can't be to small but I guarantee you an innovative child will find a way to off themselves with a normal missile just as easily. (Then we won't get any missiles >.>)

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I never really noticed this problem but then again I keep my in the box but I have opened it once and played with abit and put it back.

6. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

like everyone said, the missle isn't made to fire. i think due to its "pointed edge" lol. the same is with soundwave also although the missile clicks in his gun. it kinda sucks how the missile just slides out.

7. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

That is really my only complaint with Perceptor's gun. If the missile was able to click into place and stay there, it would be alot better. I didn't want to bother with it so I just left the missiles inside the box.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I hate it too. If it'd at least STAY in there I wouldn't care... I wonder how many coats of nail polish I'm gonna need....

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I know its not supposed to fire, but it won't lock in, it just falls out, the others Prowl, Silverstreak, Host, etc, they'll lock in, but this thing just falls out.
    I think I'll just take it apart and see whats fracked.

10. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Just move the trigger, or whatever you want to call it, a little and it will dislodge from it's open position. I'm not sure if it has a little glue or something but that is what I did and pushed the trigger into the locking position to hold the missile. It will stay but I didn't leave it in too long before putting it and Perceptor back in the box so I don't know if it will eventually open up again on it's own.

11. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay: