TRU Midnight Madness Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Junior, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My thanks to all those attendeees that braved the tropical storm, my namesake, to join us for the event. For those of you that could not join us, please enjoy the pictures from the event.

-Barry

TRU Midnight Madness Photos

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Awesome.

3. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Kid gets DVD Prime prize FTW! I haven't been to a TRU in a few months, but the display is awesome.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Hey Junior, I've always been curious and meaning to ask you this, but do Transformers sell discernibly better at your location because of all the awesome promotions and events you do there? I assume so since they seem to be getting bigger and more successful all the time, but I'd be curious if you knew.

5. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I don't understand why we don't have this at our local TRU.

6. Junior

News Credits:
    Our store does have a reputation when it comes to Transformers. Personally, I do believe that fans outside of the local community make special trips to our store to see what we have in stock on a regular basis. As a fan, I would wager that is inportant to go into a store to shop where "they get it", meaning they understand you as a fan and collector.

Our fan events for Star wars and Transformers, among others, really convey that message to fans. We know you collect and we want to help you whenever possible.

7. Junior

News Credits:
    If National does not have a similar event planned, it is left to each store to promote in-store events. My location has a lot of collector's events, in addition to the typical kiddie events, because I understand the culture of collecting. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with my viewpoint on collectors or the experience necessary to promote these types of events.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome.

The amusing thing is when I worked at TRU it was the exact opposite. Our store director despised collectors, and hated the fact that she had collectors working for her too. Neglecting the fact that when we are passionate about stuff like that we are better at selling the product.

Kudos to you for running some awesome events, and for helping to contribute to what sounds like an awesome TRU.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFs were coming off those shelves at an alarming rate at MM, so I hope the numbers were good enough to be able to pass along the results to corporate and say, hey, here's the cost-to-profitability for something like this.

And yeah, I'm two hours away and could have gotten everything at WM at basically the same time in Orlando, but I certainly want to support efforts of this nature. The fact that Barry's not working for TRU corporate coordinating store promotions nationwide is baffling to me.
    :) 

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barry did another great job. Nice pics, too!

-Tony!

11. Junior

News Credits:
    I will be passing along the pictures to our National Offices next week after my DM comes back from vacation. The weather slowed us down a bit, but the fans were extremely supportive! I was very impressed with the loyalty shown after Wal-mart broke the street date on Friday morning.

I sent a disk to my contact at Paramount for them to enjoy. It was great of them to show support to our event and I really appreciated it.

Thanks AMS, that comment means a lot. :thumb 

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Same here hen I worked for TRU. I just don't get people that dispise their own paring customers. I can see it if it was loiteres or people that were dicks or messing things up, but Collectors? They are a source of revinue that if couted properly can be a steady income source.

13. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Picture 18, that's what it's about. My son got one of those for his birthday today. I think that's his favorite gift. He's been pining for mine since I got it. I'm glad to see people had kid's at the event and it looks like they enjoyed it. I know there are a few people at the TRUs here that're helpful, but nothing more than checking backstock. Keep it up, and keep trying to get corporate to take notice, positively.