TRU Insecticons sticker sheet.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MMarker, Dec 21, 2009.

1. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been hearing horror stories on how the TRU Insecticon's stickers are not staying on the toy. I already bought Perceptor, and I love him. But the Insections having bad stickers kind of turned me off. Is there anyway to help the stickers stick? Would Superglue work? I really want the Insecticons, but I don't want stickers falling off all over the place.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just didn't put them on. They look so much cleaner...

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I haven't opened mine yet, but I don't plan to sticker them. They look really good plain, I'm just gonna add some Decepticon reprolabels and let 'em go.

I'd assume cleaning them first would help. They probably have some mold release grease on them.

4. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

i didnt use the stickers on my 25th anniversary prime.....so i am deffinatly not going to use them on my insecticons "if i ever get them"

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i placed my stickers on slowly and carefully.....never touched the back of the stickers, used a toothpick to remove the sticker form the sheet, to place it on the insecticon, and then rubbed them on using the toothpick.....still holding since December 2

6. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I got them and applied the stickers after making sure the surface of each bot is clean... they're holding on well, no prob.

The only stickers that had any problems for me were the ones that wrap around Bombshell's (or whatever his new name is) feet. Solution? Cut the stickers where they're supposed to "bend"/wrap-around. Separated, I found that they stick fine to appropriate area: the inside of his leg, and to the bottom of his feet.

7. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you remove it from the sheet and place it without touching it?

8. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE!

It damages the plastic. I have used gluesticks before, as it is a considerably weaker adhesive.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    simple, you hold the sheet and bend it so a corner or side of the sticker is exposed enough so you can slide the toothpick under to unapply it from the sheet

10. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

idk how to get stickers to stick but i would not recommend glue. that just sounds like a bad idea. It could just make a mess of the transformer could spread on the toy where you put the sticker and make a mess. i know a guy name pizdets79 on youtube who just recently signed up here. you could ask him and youc an look at his youtube videos on transformer reviews. He has a review on housekeeping on how to keep transformers clean he might know alot about stickers.

11. FartRipper67

FartRipper67 Well-Known Member

I just put a very small dab of super glue on the ones of mine that were coming off, no problems at all.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going worry about mine. I will just keep them inside the package.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can buy the stickers from Reprolabels for $7+ shipping (Maybe like $2 to the states), and they will stick.

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Nice tips. When I got the reissue G1 Sunstorm, I made some delicate trims to those stickers so they would fit really nicely, rather than just slapping them on. I will approach the insecticons with the same prudence.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    There are only a few problem ones (atleast for me). The top of one of their feet, the wrists on Shrapnel, and the feet and antena on Bombshell. Like someone else suggested, make sure that the area is clean, and try not to touch the stickers too much. Also, I found that prefolding the issue stickers (all seem to go around corners) worked really well. I just wish I had done that on my first try because some had already lost some adhesion by the time I took them of and pre-creased them.

16. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sticker issues are ones I've had with my Takara Insecticons. Shrpanel's wrists, Bombshell's feet, they are just spots that don't like to stay down.

Though they're not as bad as the stickers that came with the 25th Anniversary Cobra Rattler... those missile stickers NEVER stay down.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Yup, better stickers, zero problems. Worth in the long-run if you plan on keeping your insecticons for a long time.

Here are some pics of mine with the Reprolabel set(mine are original G1s not the TRU set).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]