Tru heads up (times square store)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MartyMcfly160, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I'm checking this store out for when I go up in there in a couple weeks for NYCC. I heard they got a ferris wheel in there ? If that's true, this store has to be pretty dam huge I'd think. An yeah, I heard there Lego display is pretty sick too.

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Sometimes, I think Toys R Us wants to make us buy from their scalpers.

3. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    yup...its in there....its pretty big....though the ferris wheel is in a very tight spot...

4. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

TRU in Times Square kicks ass! Their Transformers section is heaven!

5. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Times Square TRU is the biggest and therefore best toy store in the world if I'm not mistaken. Your chances of getting lucky there (toywise) are far greater yet it really bites to go to that particularly dreadful part of town only to find the same pegwarmers one would find out in Queens, just in greater abundance. Beautiful store nonetheless. If in town and headed to TRU stop in the equally gigantic Midtown Comics it's only a few blocks away. Bring lots and lots of money and avoid the Khav Kalash & Crab Juice there aren't many public toilets.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Level Up!

News Credits:
    Wait, so Grimlock is going to be out soon?

*reads page 4*

IS HE OUT NOW?!?!?

7. MartyMcfly160

MartyMcfly160 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    okay fine so since you work for TRU im gonna speak to you in TRU lingo
    2 or 3 weeks ago i checked the CSIS and the item was there i spoke to our IC-Team and along with our visuals team to see if anything would change or be switched in out TF section no one knew anything but our IC guy said he would do some research for me, then the hasbro vendor came in and i asked him and he and our IC guy checked in the DC and said they saw the item in open order.

come one week later the SKN# and pre-order come off the site, fine i understand the take down just to keep up with pre-orders but i also spoke to our corporate sales people in the office and they said they haven't heard anything but have heard of a price hike that might shoot it up to like 149.99 on release in store (times square store)

since then ive been checking or sales our CSIS along with the dashboard and nothing has come up, other TRU's have had them yes i understand but along with thundercracker the same issues had happened that thundercracker was in the system went off for a few days then came back and we had them in store and the SKN# was still ringing up. . . once it came back that's when the price hike went up, which leads me to believe that the MP:OP price hike might be true

the info i am getting are fro my managers and key holders, i got all the managers in my section (action) looking out for FOC:GRIMLOCK and MP:OP

i figured i would keep my NYC people in the loop with the info from the inside so people can know when and if we get the items

people are telling me that what i'm saying is "BS" or i'm full of it. . . but are going way off from what i am saying i am only speaking for the TIMES SQUARE STORE IN NYC i'm not saying that the items is out from all other stores and all other regions.

8. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im goin to work at 6. . . i'll take pics lol

9. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not yet but its in open order meaning the store can order a case a matter fact what i will start doin is posting the number of cases ordered for times square

10. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I dunno. I just find it all a little weird. I can't see them raising the price for the guy up to $150, even it is the TS store. And usually if there's a price change, the item doesn't just disappear from CSIS, it just updates. And if it was because of a price hike, wouldn't he disappear from all the systems nationally? But then again, knowing how funky the systems can be in that place...

Example: Me, trying to print self-service tickets last night out of the SPF, and it let me get all the way through the process, and they just plain wouldn't print.

11. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i just see a pattern and i'm guess that's whats happening this is all assumption because it happened with thundercracker so i'm assuming it will happen with OP, TS store always rapes the crap out of its customers esspecially around the holidays, watch toys have a huge jump in price to them be on a super sale with a huge cut just like the dark of the moon OP with trailer went from 84.99 to like 34.99 so i guess they do it to make their money back

12. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here are some pics i snapped tonight of our store

this is our transformers section
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

our marvel section
    [​IMG]

and our lego section
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we also have a 2 store barbie mansion with its own elevator
    [​IMG]

heres the rest of the store
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and we even added a arcade this year
    [​IMG]

13. J2DK

J2DK Fan

Your pictures make me wish I still lived in New York.

14. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

...I am going to get so lost in that store it isn't even funny ;_;'

15. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Dayyyummm!! That toys r us is packed full of awesomeness..

Lets see how long it takes for it to get disorganized, cluttered and filled with idiotic employees like the rest of the Toys R Us in the states! (Yes i dislike toysRus greatly) :thumbs2: 

16. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Wow that's a Tru? Omg

17. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we have over 400 employees and for the holidays they hiring another 487 people. . .

well this TRU has been open for 11 years and its the biggest toy store in the world and they put the barbie mansion, the T-Rex, the Ferris wheel, the truck coming into the ceiling with super man, the giant spider man, the giant optimus prime statue amungs other things just to prove that same fact lol

i love this store and since it opened i was dying to work here and i finally am for a year and a half now

18. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lmfao i love it when tourist come into the store and ask "wheres toys'r'us located" and i say ". . . you are in toys'r'us" lmao they think that the building is a mall that has a toys'r'us in it lmao classic

19. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Hey Mcfly, in the picture there can you grab me that bot on the right. I need it. Lol that's a large display.

20. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    which one? lol