TRU Employees are complete a**holes.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by IodaFett, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh for God's sake. Are we destined to have another of these threads every time a store refuses to sell something they shouldn't have out on the shelves anyway? This is the first time I can remember that I'm actually glad that the UK has such cretinous distribution.

2. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Most of us are excited for the new figures, but seriously in two weeks (and I'm sure for several months afterward) these movie toys will be flowing like water to the shelves. My TRU only has protoforms out now, and while it looks like my Target has put out the deluxes the only one left was BB. It's going to take a while before every store gets the official word down to the people who stock the shelves (maybe about 2 weeks). Til then people really need to take a deep breath here, running into a store with a printout isn't going to change a stores mind if they already have their plan set. Besides, like there's no possible way for someone to make a fake print out saying it's ok to release whatever they want. (*Hasbro said Leader class was ok to be sold*) :rolleyes2 

It seems like the toy buying equivalent of, "but my Mom says I'm cool". Patience.

3. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

my apologies I was not aware of this

Also guys keep in mind, we won't shelf anything we don't have. The longest a retailer may have an item before the release date is perhaps a few days. But we cannot guarantee we will have the item cause of our shipments. I remeber we didnt have our PS3's on launch date cause Sony fucked up. The retailer is nothing more but the middle man here.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Words of wisdom

Hate to say it but I hardly think this incident makes the employees assholes, they were just playing it safe trying to do their jobs right.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Take your money elsewhere. Simple as that. If they are the last store to put out the product, then they will pay for it when a bunch of people already bought the product at other stores and this store ends up having to clearance them. Then you can walk in and laugh at them.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No, but if you check most of our local stores -both Brandon and New Tampa- have put them out. So, I'm assuming that it got out to someone at somepoint. And you know having bought some yourself that street date has been lifted on the deluxes.

7. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

If I were an employee and hadn't heard of such an announcement I certainly wouldnt believe some kid taking brining in a printout from the internet and risk of losing my job.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You wouldn't believe an official Hasbro website printout? And is it really that hard to take two seconds to go online and confirm it?

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Sadly I think we are. Maybe a thread dedicated to "I couldn't get my toy early and it's this stores fault".

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm officially calling it "uncommon sense" now. Been doing it for a few days. People always try to correct me saying, "You mean common sense?" to which I reply, "It's not so common anymore."

11. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

This letter here from the internets says you must sale me these toys, which you may or may not have!
    I can understand the excitement of picking up new movie toys, but to the extent of actually printing out a page from the hasbro site and waving it in the face of a store employee is a little extreme.
    They'll be all over the place soon enough, just relax, I'm sure you will get what you want when the time comes.
    Being upset over this doesn't do anything but stress you out, and you must ask yourself if it's really worth it to get mad because a store didn't sale you a toy.
    If you really need them that bad, there are stores online where you can order them, if you don't want to wait it out.
    Hang in there dude!

12. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    Keep in mind you're dealing with people who work in a toy store who probably don't give a shit about whats allowed or not because it doesn't matter how many deluxes sell, they dont make another dime.

When I was in retail I lived for slow days. Same pay, less work.

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Hey, now. Not ALL employees are a**holes. The stockers aren't, dammit. :D 

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Although it was pretty much a unanimous decision that they were at fault in the K-Mart version of this thread. :D  :lol 

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    What happened in that one?

16. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Did they have a letter from the internets when they went to Kmart too?

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People were throwing hissy-fits because K-Mart had movie toys out, but wouldn't sell until June 2.

YOU KNOW THE DATES. KEEP THIS IN MIND.

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I'll have to start doing this as well.

Mind you, in the end, we're grown toy collectors. That in itself kinda defies "uncommon" sense.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    "allows", yes. "requires", no.

20. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have said this in several threads already, but I will mention it again here. Most retail employees do not visit Hasbro's web site on a regular basis, like you and I. Until TRU NATIONAL, not Hasbro, tells the stores to put these products on the shelf; you will not see them on the shelf unless someone cannot read the side of the box. We have been told to hold all TF movie product, besides the protoforms, till 6/2.

As others have said, calling employees childish names and waving papers around are not going to do you any good. These employees are doing what has been communicated to them, nothing more, nothing less.

Trust me, on 6/2 you will find PLENTY of TF movie toys at your local TRU.

- Junior

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.