TRU Employees are complete a**holes.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by IodaFett, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IodaFett

IodaFett Oregon TF Collector

God, I swear, it's like I am dealing with idiots or something. You guys remember that announcement on Hasbro's website that allows retailers to sell ALL movie Deluxe toys?

I show the sheet to a floor associate, and he finds a manager, and confers with her -
    "These are the ones we're allowed to sell." *points to rack of protoforms*
    "But it says here you are allowed to sell all deluxe toys anyway." *I point to the printout of the site*
    "No, no, we can only sell these here," *points to proto's again* "and the rest are coming out on June 2nd."

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

*grumbles to self*

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No shit.

But to him, he just thinks he's doing his job and your the asshole hassleing him. ;) 

Ya know the phrase: "the customer is always right" well, retailers have changed it to: "the customers have no idea what they're talking about".

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    show them the page with swindle on it saying retailers can release all wave 1 and 2 deluxes?

also, they may not be assholes. random employees and even store managers dont choose what gets put out. they have bosses that tell them what they can put out and when. if the regional manager says "yeah, we're cleared to put these out, but we're still waiting until the second", then thats what they're going to do.

besides, its exactly two weeks away. thats not that bad.

hell, you could order them off amazon like I did too.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

People just need to chill, IMO. You're making SW collectors sound patient. These are going to be everywhere, and in absolutely ridiculous numbers.

That and marching into a TRU, waving a piece of paper around, demanding they sell you something that has a street date, even if since rescinded, is a little excessive regardless.

5. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

QFT!!!!!!!

6. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Having worked in retail a number of years I can with good confidence say that a large number of customers really don't know what they're talking about. ;) 

But still, in this case, the guy at the TRU really should have at least checked with the dept. manager in regards to just what the company policy was. At least then you could blame it on the manager being an asshole/idiot (which again, is often true).

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll repeat what I said in another thread.

Patience is a virtue. Sadly, few people possess said virtue nowadays.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah what Omnibus said, these things will be everywheres. Hell, wait five after the movie and these things will still be there collecting dust waiting to put on clearance.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I just got hired there and we talked about this very subject. here in Amarillo the upper management people who run numerous stores decided they are only putting out protoforms until the 2nd of june. Sounded like a personal call and the logic would be that they will put them out with the big guys all at once. but i do see your point as well. just remember the people you are likely to talk to are not the ones making the decision. kinda like how the person at the movies selling you the popcorn is not responsible for the mark up on it. they just sell what they are told to.

10. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

agreed. We had a customer a few days ago flipping out cause we didnt have Wii's. I mean c'mon.

But trust me they aren't allowed to be sold yet, Hasbro denied that rumor. And that still means nothing even if we do have the product. We have orders to follow, either we are told to sell them or not. Ppl above the store level tell us that.

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    *sigh* here we go again

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=903DC8AF-D56F-E112-454B1BE01FE35448

12. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The more threads I see like this pop up, the more faith I lose in people.

13. Omnibus Prime

Yes, but..

WM/Target/TRU employees aren't lurking about on TF/Hasbro sites in anticipation of such an announcement so they can then speed to work and slap them on shelves. For that matter, if there aren't already empty pegs, they're not liable to actively rearrange the section and make room for stuff they weren't planning on putting out for two more weeks.

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do Targets/Wal-Marts have products like these out exactly on the release date, or a few days afterwards? I'd hate to be going places on June 2nd just to be told "Sorry, we don't have those out yet."

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    QFT

Also common sense is decreasingly common these days.

16. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    I'm aware of that little tidbit. Soundatron seemed to only be referencing the press release which debunked the intial street date rumor, not the most recent one which I linked to. Thus I assumed he wasn't aware of the most recent announcement.

17. Omnibus Prime

Well, I wasn't wagging a finger at you or anything, just anybody in general with the "But Hasbro said they could relaese thems! Where are theys already?!!" attitude.

It'sa gonna take a while for a short press release about the selling policy of one of Hasbro's dozens of toylines to trickle down to individual retail outlets in Bumfuck, USA. And again, they may not give a shit. If I made $7 an hour, I wouldn't be too quick to do extra work ahead of time either.

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Thats what I am wondering too!! When I asked my TRU they said that they would get the toys on June 2. So I dont know but seeing how TRUs in different parts are having sales at midnight on June 1st maybe they get them earlier. I want to walk in to my TRU and June 2nd and leave with a cart full of TFers!! Hopefully run into some board memebers too!

19. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Oh I know, as of Friday, I hadn't seen any official notice posted on the Target messageboards at work regarding the deluxes being available for sale

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't care to wager for Wal-Mart, but I'd be willing to be that TRU and Target are going to have these out exactly on June 2nd. I remember seeing a news article awhile back that TRU was going to have a special display for them (where the SM3 stuff currently is) that would be set up the night before June 2nd. As for Target, they're the "TF Headquarters" (or whatever the official name is for the deal that gives them many of the exclusives), so I'd expect them to have the figures out on the street date; in addition, I'm seeing a few Targets starting to clear out shelf space around the Protoforms. Plus, look at precedent: For Spider-Man 3, every Target in my area had a ton of the figures out on the street date (March 24th). It's in any store's interest to have the toys for a big movie like this out on their official release date...because if chain A has them and chain B doesn't, chain B stands to lose money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.