TRU Darkwing @ TRU online question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sunstreaker, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    I've found the page for Universe Darkwing on the TRU web site (had to do a site-specific search for "Darkwind" on Google); but he's been out of stock since the page went up. Has anyone had any luck grabbing him from online? We don't have a convenient TRU in my area anymore.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, he was in stock for a couple of days then out of stock for two weeks then in stock again and completely off the website now.

Do you want me to check my local TRU? Saw about three last week. It'd be cost+tax+shipping+paypal though so it'd be more then straight from TRU. =(

Might be better for you to find someone closer (orlando? miami?) who could ship it to your for cheap.

3. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Actually, he's still there, but you have to dig for the page. The listing is mispelt "Darkwind."

Still, I was afraid that I'd missed the window of opportunity on this one. Bummer. Thanks!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    no, the whole figure is "mispelled" due to copyright reasons.

5. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

they have a ton of darkwing's at my local TRU, he is a alright figure, his colors are cool but his transformation is so simple.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I love that repaint. Bought Five, But the local Tru still has four in stock. (did not buy those five online)

Saw them out with the ROTF stuff. Tempting. That purple blue and grey jet sure plays a mean pinball on nostalgia.

7. shigeoj24

shigeoj24 Well-Known Member

I haven't been too impressed with shopping online with TRU. It seems like their inventory is never up to date and very limited. After they spent $5.1 billon on the domain name "toys.com", one would think they would have some sense to creating a better site.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bought mine for $33 shipped from TRU online when he first came out. I'm not sure what the availability is now, though. Sorry :(