TRU Beast Wars 10th still at retail...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by defstar, Jun 24, 2007.

1. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The Primal vs Megs 10th...did they get re-released or is this just a lucky case that I have found a TRU close to me that has five still sitting on the shelf...?

Not a huge fan of BW but was always thinking of getting the 2-pack from a collector's stand point...they seemed a little floppy in the packaging...those of you who have them are they a good buy as opposed to the Takara version...?

(Note: I did look in the feedback section and didn't find any reviews)...help me decide on picking up a set...

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say it's neither a re-release nor a lucky find. Every TRU I've seen has had them in stock consistently since their initial release.

As for helping you decide, the Megatron mold is very good, and the Primal one is fantastic. And these versions are the most detailed and show-accurate. They're definitely worth it, even if you have the originals. Mine don't have any floppiness problems. And AFAIK, they're exactly the same as the Takara BWR versions -- just different packaging and no concept art CD-ROM. Unless those differences are worth $50-60 to you, the Hasbro set is the one you want.

3. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If you get anything Beast Wars, get that two-pack.

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Thanks guys...looks like i'll be getting them tomorrow after jury duty and before going into work...there was no price on them...what do they go for...19.99 or 29.99...?

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    They were $40 when released last year but hopefully the ones you saw are on clearance.

7. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I saw them today at Toys R Us along with a new shipment of Reissue Soundwaves.

8. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

it re-surfaced in tru here in my area, along with 20th anniv prime, cybertron primus, cybertron metroplex, 6" titanium rodimus and shockwave and classics jetfire. they were all probably in the stockroom and they decided to bring it out again coz of the movie popularity. they were in the regular action figures lane as the movie figures were all up front. and all of them were sitll at regular price.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Saw them today at TRU. No big surprise. One of the TRU's I visit used to have an endcap full...

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    They are great figures. I just can't believe how many my local TRUs still have on the shelves. They've never NOT been there since they first showed up, and they've never been clearanced.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Probably because they are $39.00...I've decided to wait until I can find them for less...$29.00 maybe...since the Titanium pack cost that...dunno why the BW pack hits forty though...

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They disappeared for awhile at my local TRU, but were back out on the shelves recently, both in the normal TF spot and at the massive Movie display at the front of the store. Definitely get them, they're awesome toys of awesome characters. The original toys were fantastic for 10 years ago, and the remolds made them even better.

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'd really like to get these guys... but that's just too high a pricepoint for me at the moment.