trouble with Bill's Toys & Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeathFrogurt, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

I'm getting kind of frustrated- I ordered from the Bill's Toys & Games website on January 15th, and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered without creating an account for myself, and picked the shipping option that was supposed to take about a week.

Anyhow, about two weeks later I emailed Bill about it and he said it had already shipped, they were just backed up because he and someone else had the flu. I said okay, that's fine.

So here it is, almost a month later, and it still hasn't arrived. What does that mean? Did the post office lose it? Shouldn't it have arrived by now, even if they used the cheapest shipping possible?

(the order was a MOTU General/Rattlor figure, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper keychains, and a HOC Bumblebee & Spike. I really want that Rattlor, I had one from the original line as a kid.) What should I do?

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

oh noes its jux predaking all over again...... maybe

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'm having a similar problem, but I'll give it a few more days as I don't think I've quite reached the month mark yet. This is not the first problem I've had though.

By contrast, I've since ordered something from BBTS, it arrived damaged, I contacted them, got a reply, sent the item back, got a replacement item and store credit for the cost of shipping the damaged one, added something else to my pile of loot, paid today, and it will probably arrive by Friday.

:peoples: 

4. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

This seems to be a common problem, pretty much the same thing happened to me. It all got straightened out though and I'm pretty sure Bill's a good guy, so it ain't like he's trying to rip everyone off.

5. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Tell me about it! If BBTS had those items in stock at the time, I would've been all over it. I love BBTS, I've got a $150 order on its way right now.

But seriously, let's say another week goes by and it doesn't get here. Should I try and get a refund? Should I ask them to send the same items again, or stuff of an equivalent value?

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Try to get the tracking number or at least verified the shipping address and date it was shipped. If it's over a month since he shipped it ask if you can get a refund or credit.

7. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I've ordered from him twice, the first time was fine. I had heard a bunch of stories like this one so I took a chance and ordered from him again. The second time it took forever, with them saying it had already been shipped, blah blah. Then after awhile it took me basically stating that if I didn't get them within X amount of days that I was going to file a report with Paypal (the time limit was almost up). After that, it magically appeared within like 2 or 3 days with a post date only a couple days old.

I know he's not a bad guy, he replies to emails pretty quickly and is very friendly. I just wish that if something was going to take awhile that they'd say so. If a store told me "well we're waiting until the end of the week to ship" or "we're waiting so we can send X amount of packages at once" I'd be fine, I'd understand, whatever. I just hate beating around the bush with people.

8. BillsToys83

BillsToys83 <b>Botcon 2006 Dealer</b>

DeathFrogurt, SuperMegatron gave me a heads up since I am on the road until tomorrow evening, weather permitting (I HATE SNOW), so I can not directly e-mail from any PC with any of the information, but I thought I had e-mailed you the tracking number for the order, as I remember the Rattlor specifically, before I left for NYC. When I get back, I can e-mail you the info again.

9. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

one thing, tell them TO give you your items or MONEY BACK NOW or youll SUE THEM!!!

:)  Good luck on getting them

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a story I've heard one too many times.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

You realize that the guy that posted 3 hours before you is the Bill of Bill's Toys and Games right?

12. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

:O Oh sorry didn't saw that. :O

Well i hope you get your stuff soon. :) 

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but threads like this are why I've never orderred from Bill. I talked to him briefly at Botcon (Not about an order or anything, just sat in and shot the s&^t) so I know he's a nice guy...but I've had nothing but good experiences with competitors, and threads like this, especially when they pop up with some regularit, definately deter my business.

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    They pop up here because he's a regular here. If Joel was a regular at a forum there'd be posts at said forum about BBTS.

15. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

Maybe there should be a sub-forum inside the feedback forum(or toyark?) that could be just for Bill toys. I mean, he is one of this our major sponsors, right? It could be like his own little message board. If someone has a prblem or question for Bill, they could post it in there. That way he would be sure to see it. It could also be used for suggestions for his business from his customers. Just a thought,

Mike

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Bill responded, contact made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.