Trouble at TGWTG?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by General Magnus, Jun 22, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Good fucking riddance. His vids are funny, but outside of them he is a giant ass with no respect for anyone. The rape joke was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    What the Hell? The Hell is wrong with Spoony?

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    What an ass. Owww well.....I'm okay with this. I really didn't watch that many of his videos anyway....

5. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    Spoony's game reviews are pretty funny, and the movie reviews where he's in character are funny too. It's the videos of him being himself I cannot stand. Probably the only vlog reviewer I know who will make a long scathing movie review, and then team up with another vlogger to talk for another 40 or so minutes about bashing the movie some more.

Referring to the DOTM movie review BTW.

At any rate, I'm both surprised and not surprised (if that makes any sense) that he's being booted.

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Good. Acting like a complete cock to those who support you and your living is never a good idea, regardless of what you do and especially when you are being punished and watched like a hawk for acting that way to begin with.

Granted, I also have an unreasonable hatred toward the whole MY LIFE IS MAKING VIDEOS FOR THE INTERNET fad. Cannot wait for that bubble to burst.

7. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Shame, he was my favorite reveiwer on the site. Now I guess I'll only be going there for Critic, Linkara and Phelous videos, and Phelous is REALLY starting to become unfunny. Also, I just go to Brad's site for Snob and 80's Dan.

I saw the tweet, I could tell it was a joke. It's not like anyone on the site has never made a joke like that before.

I wish him the best of luck and will continue to support him through his site.

And no, I don't find rape jokes funny.

8. ShakesDaKlown

ShakesDaKlown Tromaholic

I think Spoony made some really funny vids. I like off-colour humour so I'm not too concerned with any comments he made. I make comments like that all the time, only usually in face-to-face situations.
    The people who should really be ashamed are the staff at TGWTG. They run a humour site yet can't take a joke? Get real and stop being so prudish.
    Now I guess I'll just have to watch the Ultima retrospective on Blip.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Dude. There is a difference between joking around in a humorous video about something, and jumping on Twitter to send "Y'know, if things don't work out with you and @Nash076, I'd be happy to chain you to a pipe in my basement and love you. My way." to her and her boyfriend, out of fucking nowhere with no prior context.

It's like walking up to someone as they're doing their thing and going "Hey, how about I drag you out back and bash your head in with a baseball bat!". Is that funny? No, it makes you sound like a fucking psychopath.

EDIT: The rape joke isn't why he got fired BTW, before people start thinking that.

10. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

So what are they going to do with the 4th year anniversary? Noticed the fans on the tgwtg forum saying just to put the elephant in the room character in every scene he's in.

11. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It wasn't the reason, but it sure did spark the flames.

12. ShakesDaKlown

ShakesDaKlown Tromaholic

I'm a bit of a twisted person, I guess. I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm just saying that, if Noah is anything like me in his sensibilities, he wasn't being serious. The fact there is a thread on this board talking about it means he probably accomplished what he set out to do. We're all talking about it. I'm sure that some people who've never watched a Spoony video are at least aware of who he is now. Any publicity is good publicity, IMO

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The thing is, not everybody shares that sense of "humour."