Troopbuilders - who comprises your horde/army?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    So, I'm curious...I've built up a nice little armada of G1 seekers, I have 10 Energon Divebombs and I've got at least 8 insecticons in the same color scheme, (mostly as a result of customizing them.) I like recreating the look of a monstrous horde, although I acknowledge that I've just never had the money & interest to do it.

If you've bought a bunch of the same or similar figures, who comprises your horde or army?

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I have one of every version of the Buzzclaw mold that exists - BW Buzzclaw, Timelines Buzzclaw, Timelines Dirge, Virulent Clone, and Repugnus - plus a second BW version and extra Repugnus so I can practice the mandible fix again. If Virulent Clones weren't so damn expensive, I'd love to start hording them, but I didn't even keep the other Clone I had... so maybe when I'm not-so-poor, I'll get back to that. It wouldn't feel quite as right to troop-build on the others, considering they're not drones, but I do want to parts-swap between a Clone and an extra Timelines Buzzclaw to make an all-black Buzzclaw.

I want to troop-build the Cruellock mold from Energon, but I don't even have the original Cruellock after all this time, and need a new Doom-Lock (and maybe a second SL Dinobot Magma Type) before I even think of that.

Oh, and there's always my crazy pipe dream of amassing so many BW Scarems that the value of that awesome little guy is actually affected. But I'll try THAT after I win the lottery, heh.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BM Tank and Cycle drones.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't army build TFs much (clone troopers on the other hand..) but I've got a couple extra Scrapmetals I want to customize, and a pretty good fleet of LoC seekers that are mostly customized. I think it's about 10 total, the 4 officials and actually like 8 customs so 12 total, plus at least two more I want to make.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I don't have the money or the energy to troopbuild after the clones, man. Well, G1 seekers aside, I guess. Got 9-10 of thems.

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

At one time I had about 3 each of the original Insecticons. :D 

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was easy when they came back out a few months ago. Just bought one or two whenever I saw them in stores.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No Hordes. Reason 1, no room for it. Reason 2, don't want to help create a shortage. Besides, just having one of each Transfomer is all the 'horde' I need. :D 

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When Energon was getting clearanced, I purchased dozens and dozens of the basic two-packs (at one point they were $3.00 for the two),so I have about 25 each of the Terrorcons. Each group is led by their respective GF counterpart.

In Cybertron, I did my troopbuilding with minicons - three of each set - but I won't be doing any multiple purchases going forward (for the forseeble future anyway).

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got doubles of many of the Vehicons, as well as both versions of each Terrorcon. That's about as far as my army building goes. I'm happier with one of each, eats up less money and space that way.

11. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

I don't create an army of single-molds but I do love the minicons. Right now I have 49 (original molds) standing at attention on my bookcase. I'll have 67 once the classics minicons are released. I'll also be buying any I can get my grubby mitts on in the meantime.

12. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

I was tempted to make a horde of cons during Beast Machines, but I had no room or money. Besides, with all of the repaints, who needs to buy extras?

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Someday, hopefully someday soon, I'll show you all how much of an Insecticon nut I am. I'm slowly amassing a veritable army. Soon, the plague shall be upon us!

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The Cyberjets/MW Jets and all their repaints

15. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

My Decepticon air force has all the BW Jetstorm repaints (up through the Universe ones), the Armada Seekers (and universe Starscream repaint, just don't have Ramjet or the red Thrust), all being lead by Classics Starscream.

16. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Unknowingly I have started an Attacktix Decepticlone army. :lol  Every time I get a booster pack I ALWAYS get one. Have four right now. Going to see how much I accumulate while collecting the other Attacktix.

17. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Vehicons, lots and lots of Vehicons. I probably have 10-20 of each type, save for both Megatrons of course.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I can think of a few that might help build your horde. :D 

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I did different colors for the rumble/scrapmetal mold, giving me 7 unique ones, but my real troopbuild is trying to amass a seeker fleet. I'm only about halfway to all the real seekers that are out there, but I've also added customs in the LOC, WST, and have started on both Cybertron and Classics.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With over 2,000 different TF's to choose from, I rarely need troop builders. (tho I have dupes if I need them) :drunk