Troopbuilders: How do they work?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fartini, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fartini

Fartini Banned

Good friggin googly moogly. Why the hell can people not understand they're MEANT to be a multiple purchase for those that do? I get people having a hard time finding them and being frustrated. I do. If someone not in your area finds a couple should you be so butthurt you come off sounding like a five year old? Should you compare it to a rare resource? I've had my eyes opened a little today, a lot actually, just how sad it is to not have a non-vital/non-lifegiving hunk of plastic in your grubby hamhands on a whim.

I want to probe the forum's thoughts on why people hate troopbuilders soooo badly when in fact, buying troopbuilders en masse is exactly what the hell you are supposed to be doing with them. Is it "Vehicon Madness"? Are the PRID toys laced with a pyschedelic drug or lead painted? I'm sure I'll get a few "flames" or maybe a few angry upstarts but possibly and hopefully, honest sound answers. Remember though, I have started my army of the Vehicon life-nutrients, your threats and barbs nay sting this plastic-blackened soul. Blackened to the sheen.....of 4 Vehicons (8 counting the Jetties on the preorder and barring any future luck).

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    There are no such things as troop builders. The idea only exists in the more diseased minds of the most extreme collectors. There may be some OCD connection.

lol. Keep telling yourself that. Pure rationalization of lunatic behavior.

You could be using the money you spend on them for therapy instead.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If Hasbro meant for people to do that, they wouldn't shortpack them.

4. Fartini

Fartini Banned

And so it begins. So an identical figure, identical to the other dozen identical figures, without a different name IS NOT a "troopbuilder is the same sense as a stormtrooper? Yes, it is. No OCD, it is a troopbuilder, just like Junkheap was or Scourge. People don't understand troopbuilding, should've added that thanks. I can see someone in Southtown has no Vehicons, sorry "kid".

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    ...What are you saying? Are you asking a question? Is the question rhetorical?

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just try ignoring the issue. If people think it's selfish for me to buy multiple Vehicons, that's their problem. I honestly don't care.

7. Fartini

Fartini Banned

Absolutely. Just some thoughts. I've had wrong ones or trolls and reportable name-calling so far but actual, coherent, un-childlike "I don't have a Vehicon, you're a crazy OCD guy because you do. I'm mad, m'kay" logical, and sane reasoning. NOT like the previous posters. I didn't take their Vehicons from them, oh well.

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but all I gleaned from that was "Absolutely." Your method of writing is grammatically unintelligible to me.

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ?

Whats the question?:confused: :inquisiti 

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's called having a limited animation budget. Interesting comparison though, since Star Wars was never created in order to sell action figures at all, let alone " troop builders."

I think he's trying to get people to attack him? He reminds me of that obvious guy with the T in his name. You know, the one who is obvious.

11. Fartini

Fartini Banned

So you're saying you can't read well? I'm in the same boat I guess from your post there. Good try, take a cookie on the way out for playing. :) 

12. Fartini

Fartini Banned

So the "troopbuilder packs" and sets of stormtroopers produced were "animation budget limitations"? Huh.

It's pretty clearly written what I wanted to discuss, you just have no Vehicons I guess. Mad? Punching your Pac Man hat? Bountyan got it quite well. Is he smarter than all of you who've " Huurrr, what he is sayz" so far? Must be. Good for you Bountyan, you are a pretty decent guy IMHO from your posts.

13. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Now I'm not going to take you seriously, as you're pretty evidently trolling. Your first post was abrasive, as far as I could tell. However, you aren't going to do well if you're unable to arrange words in a sentence correctly. Thanks for the cookie.

14. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Army Building

Generation 1 -GADEP (2008) The most expensive army-builder ever?

An e-HOBBY exclusive, this toy is a redeco of the Generation 1 Omega Supreme toy. Using the same tooling as the Encore reissue Omega, this toy features the same retooled head.

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

This entire thread is a troll-fest and I'm shutting it down. Flamebaiting and adding fuel to the fire is a no go on the boards. Let's try to avoid these kinds of threads. End of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.