Troop Building!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mentok27, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember a thread on the subject late last year but it seemed like it wasnt a very common thing in TF collecting.... sure the starwars and GIJoe guys do it but on average much less TF fans partake.

Im yet to have multiple of the same fig/character/paint scheme so ive not done it technically but Ive commited to a "buy" on this forum which nets me 3 more RTS Wreck-gars, so in the very near future ill be a troop builder.

Ever since Scourge was confirmed ive been torn over getting 3 extras to act as sweeps in adition to the one i currently have..... thinking 2 more Generations and a United to act as actual scourge, fairly standard thinking but im yet to follow through.... think the lack of a good galvatron really hurts my desire to have new troops at his command

Being the Seeker fan that i am the CHMS KO Rainmakers and especially the air warrior clones are constantly tempting me..... the only reason I havent picked these up is every time i put everything i want into the cart it ends up more than i can afford and not wanting to cull anything i tend to just sigh and close the page before processing the order!!!

Im a die hard con fan so it surprised me I ended up going with stinky autobot(well kinda) troops over 'Cons but the junkions are pretty f-ing awesome and the animated movie was MY transformers growing up since that was the only VHS i had of the robots in disguise and i only ever saw a handfull of the series eps.

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    I speak for all animated fans when says AUTO TROOPERS

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Counting my POL and unshipped HTS order, I own 1 United Scourge and 23 Sweeps.

And counting...

4. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

I plan to troop build the Vehicons from Prime

5. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no way!!! Epic!!!!!

just curious why so many? i mean is there a number your after or is it an open ended thing?

6. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

I'd like to ask the same question :eek: 

Not that I wouldn't do the same with the Prime Vehicons if I had the resources

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    10+ wreckgars
    10+ seekers

a few scourge and cyclonus,

8. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

I have over 30 classics Ramjets, 12 Acid Storms, 16 Stockades, 11 Dropshots, 6 Universe Onslaughts.

Pretty random, I know. But it feeds Megatron's ego. He gets cranky when there isn't anybody to boss around.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

my cobra army is pretty awesome, but in TF land i just have 3 scourge and 2 wreck gars. those seemed appropriate numbers to me. ill probably buy a few of the Transformers Prime vehicons though.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a pic of that. It sounds cool

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I'd troop build Junkions if
    A: I had the money
    B: I could even FIND them.

However, I do plan on troop building Eradicons/Vehicons if I have the shelf space come December.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    right now, in retail, I think the only one that can be used as troop building would be dreads.

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those Prime Vehicons are going to fly off the shelves...

14. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

In Gijoe,i love me some troop building.With Tfs,its a space thing,i've got 2 Wreck gars and 1 sweep.I'd love to have a amry of Sharkitcons.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It started innocently enough... I was going to get 1 Scourge and 3 Sweeps.

Then United Scourge was announced, and what was once Scourge became a Sweep. Then I got a few from HTS on a good deal. Then I got some with some Warpath cases from BBTS. I also found two of them on the pegs. Next thing you know, I've got 17 of them. So I figured... why stop? I got a few from HTS with the free shipping and discount code. BBTS dropped their price to retail, so adding to the POL didn't add any shipping (or tax) and now I'll have 23. No end in sight for now... If I have the extra cash and I find a good deal, I'll keep building them.

Now if only we'd get a proper Fracas (repainted Nightstick in reverse would suffice) he wouldn't have to use Blesser...

[​IMG]

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've never been into troop bulding, but I am considering picking up 3 of the Junkions since they have a new/different head mold & coloring from Wreck-Gar. If I do that, I may pull the trigger and try to grab 3 additional Scourge's for a mini Sweeps troop build. Though I hope Hasbro decide to re-release the Scourge mold with slightly different coloring so that we can more easily do this rather than having to resort to ordering the expensive Japanese United version to stand in as THE Scourge.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I am not huge into troop building but the different repaints of the seeker mold have been good for troop building while still being individual characters. Plus i have 3 scourge and 2 cyclonus because it is nice having some extra troops for the cons. It balances out my 'bots to cons ratio.

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's not as common for good reasons. You have to remember that in both GI Joe and SW you have generic type soldiers to a much larger degree than in TF.

So you have a limited amount of toys that makes sense doing it with (that's what she said) But it's also other aspects:

Size - Gi Joes and SW figs are tiny compared to TFs
    Cost - a deluxe is $40 where I live
    Availability - stores only get 1 or 2 boxes here and then that's the end of a wave. (of RTS)

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've got Autotroopers, Sweeps, Junkions, Insecticons and Sharkticons. That's plenty of troopbuilding for my needs.

20. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My friend, you are insane. Not saying I wouldn't do it given half a chance, but still. Insane.
    I'd love to see those free of their plastic prisons and in formation, but I doubt you have a day free to open and transform every. single. one. :drunk 

Anyway, I love troop-building. I'd do it a lot more if my local stores would actually stock troop-builders. I do have a pair of black animated Soundwaves (I think one of them came from that spend $20 and get three free deluxes promotion last year. It, Blurr, and Samurai Prowl just appeared on my doorstep one day, addressed to me from HTS, never ordered or payed for them.)

I am planning to build a small Dread squad in both Mechtech and Cyberverse scales. I wasn't going to get multiple Hatchets, but then the game had to go and make it cannon. Enabler!

When Prime toys come out, I'm planning to get at least 10, definitely not all at once though, don't have the funds for that. :lol