Troop building packs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Lately an idea popped into my head, what if some of the online retailers were able to convince hasbro to pack a case full of one character. And we were able to purchase them in maybe 5 packs. Scourge comes to mind here, as well as the vehichon and jeticon.

I think the feasibility oh this is low due to what would be needed for this to happen

But man it would be nice not to have to hunt down so many of some

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes we want them.

No we'll never get them.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    They wouldn't sell. Remember Battle Unicorn?

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wouldn't work. The Transformers mainline figures can not be mostly geared to the benefit of the adult collecting community. Alternators proved this. Army building would be even more of a disaster because not all collectors want to buy the exact same toy over and over. I myself would only want maybe three Vehicons maximum, because while I've head the toy is good, I don't need an actual platoon of them when I could put the money to other things.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Multiple versions of one character sell (ie. Bumblebee, Pikachu, Dragonoid, Snake Eyes...), but multiples of the same figure all together wouldn't. Collectors are the only ones that would want them, while kids crave variance.
    An online retailer like one of the ones up above could probably do it, but I'd shudder at the price.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It would be nice if HTS could somehow arrange to do this in conjunction with Hasbro, or one of the other online retailers. Especially since I've never before seen Vehicon at retail and only today first encountered a Hot Shot and Two Knockouts on the pegs at a Target.

Hmmm, yeah. Considering what TFSource and BBTS want for the three-packs of the new wave characters, it could be ugly. And most likely only offered as a limited time exclusive so they can sell through their stock and not end up on piles of Vehicons once the collectors are satisfied.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    YES! I was starting to think I was the only one.

8. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I can find 3 vehicons (let alone one...) I'll post a special Vehicon 3 pack for sale for...lets see....how would $50 + shipping sound?