Tron Legacy Toys and Products

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Joe Moore, Jun 22, 2010.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd imagine the bulk of it would be the main cockpit of the jet, the midsection the gunner's seat moves down, and the gunner's station. A cockpit big enough to fit 3 figures, lights, sounds, and a tail section that can open up and convert into the cannon Sam mans. The wings would probably be separate snap-in pieces that make the jet even larger, but they have to fold up for storage/landing like in the film.

http://images.wikia.com/tron/images/4/4d/1292542854.jpg

Considering the box dimensions (12 inches length x 8.5 inches width x 4.5 inches height) are around the size of a sheet of paper, it seems big enough for the bulk of the jet (though size might be compromised). Each wing looks big (as long as the jet's body). I'd imagine somewhere around 12-14.7 inches (if they pack them in the box diagonally), the same could be said for the jet body if they pack that diagonally. So I figure it could be almost 3 feet or longer, plus however long the tail makes it. That's gonna be a big jet.

2. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    You know, I really can't be the only one who thinks the figures with the light up faces are...a little bit creepy.

3. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    yeah that jet is probably 3 feet wide, the one man jet had the wings separate and it gets about 3 times the normal length with them on.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I just saw the movie. and it was awesome

but now I need to find me a Sam Light Cycle and a Lightrunner now and def some of the figures to go with them

5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

You mean orange on orange, there's no actual red anything in Legacy. And while his discs that way for 90%+ of his scenes in the movie, there are those two brief moments where they become blue & orange, there's just not any official screenshots that I know of & I'm not about to risk torrenting the movie just to post pics, haha.

Awesome news about the 3-man jet, my biggest wish for that is that it'd include Flynn in his black robe. I've somehow ended up getting Sam & Clu's cycles, and the 1-man jet. Might as well pick up the Light Runner while it's on sale. I don't think I'll be getting Flynn's cycle though, I hate it when vehicles & TF vehicle modes mold the entire roof out of translucent plastic & then paint the roof. Besides, I already have the diecast one & the vehicle was barely used in the movie.

As for these Battle Action Rinzler & Black Guard figures, I kinda have to assume they're something entirely new, otherwise they'd be labeled "Ultimate" like Sam & Clu. If they do turn out to be the same as Ult. Sam & Clu, I'd only buy the Rinzler if it had some kind of dual color light-up system to make him alternately orange or blue.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    From what I have seen at all the Targets and Wal-Marts in PHX this line is doing really well. (Make me happy as Disney said that another movie could come down the road and a new attraction in Tomorrowland, along with a retheming of the Starcade into Flynns). I saw Rinzlers Disc yesterday and my dumbass passed on it. If I see another one I'm Grabbing it.

7. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Yeah I was afraid this line would go the way of Prince of Persia, but it seems to be doing well... hopefully that means we eventually get unmasked figures, and long coat Clu :D 

8. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I will weep tears of joy AND pain if they end up making another WORLD OF TRON for the Peoplemover :thumb 

9. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Despite all the reviews saying how much of a pain it is to get the included non-posable black guard figure into and out of the one-man light jet, I bought it anyway thinking a posable figure would be easier to maneuver into it.

Yeah, I'll be returning it tomorrow.

10. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

You have no idea how long it took me to get Clu out of his lightcycle, but at least Ghost Rider did go in & out fairly easily. But when you think about it, why do we really need to take those figures out at all? They're actually far better suited for the vehicles, the forward-looking head alone demonstrates this best.

I'm not entirely sure most of these vehicles are worth the $20 or more they normally sell for, but I can't find fault with any of them while Target's selling them for $14.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those heads are designed to be swapped with the light up figures heads. Try it.

12. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Oh yeah, I know they can do that from the instruction sheet, but I'm not getting the point of it I guess. Switching Clu's heads gets me a light-up figure that's constantly looking up, and a riding figure that can't see where he's going.

Unless you're saying THAT'S why you'd want to put a light-up figure in the cycle/jet? Personally, I don't see the need for any more articulation in the driver's seat, but I guess others do?

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Yes, I meant orange.

14. j.a.f.o.

In my case it's more for the custom Joe/Tron figures I made for my son to use with the vehicles.

Speaking of which, I'm only now looking for the Clu light cycle and am having a hell of a time trying to find one. So far I've checked two Walmarts: The first only had the Sam and Kevin ones while the second had no Tron toys whatsoever.

Should I be lucky enough to find one, I plan on modifying it so that a figure can slip in easier.

15. j.a.f.o.

Shit, looks like Walmart's pulled all things Tron from their stores (I've checked 4). So if anyone has a Clu light cycle they'd like to sell to me, please shoot me a pm.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Already? Kinda shocks me, considering Walmart is always stuck with toys a year after they started.

17. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I came across 1 Light Jet today. I hid it, because I'm still on the fence about whether I want it or not. I also saw 1 Jarvis, and 1 each of the Rinzler and Kevin Flynn Identity Disks.

18. j.a.f.o.

Yeah I'm really surprised: You'd think they'd still be hanging with older movie toys from the likes of ROTF, G.I. Joe ROC, Iron Man 2, and even X-Men Origins: Wolverine which are still lining the aisle.

19. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

(1) Don't hide toys, either buy it or put it back where you found it.

(2) Buy the Light Jet, it's pretty impressive once you put the wings on & realize how big it is.

20. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    (1) I can always put it back on the shelf. I frequent the store often and maybe, just maybe they will put out more if they notice there's none left (though I doubt it).

(2) It was the only one they had, out of tons of light cycles and light runners. Plus, the box was smashed up, which is why I decided to wait and try to find a nicer one fearing the contents inside might be damaged.