TRNS-1 & 2 (Arcee/Paradron Medic) available for preorder at BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraPrimal, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We can wait and see whether BBTS receives a notice from Hasbro's legal department about these Valkyrie and Medic toys.

2. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Like it, but honestly, I'm not sure I'll get it.
    Why this should cost $70 (yeah I do take into account they're not Hasbro bla bla bla) is beyond me.
    The design is really simple, and doesn't even compare to FP Defender.

3. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's perhaps due to them made it in less quantity than defender

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Catz is probably right. IT probably are not making as many Valkyries as FP made Defender. Which easily brings the cost up. Its like comparing Knight Morpher Commander to Defender. Defender is a deluxe size figure, but KMC is a voyager (plus a trailer part, making him almost an ultra). But the price difference on BBTS is like $5. That would make Defender expensive.

5. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What kind of resources do these guys have? A limited production run that uses legitimate manufacturing facilities could get pricey: $40-$60 apiece for something like this, I'd ballpark. If it's an amateur team, making scratch-built toys with whatever they have available, then I'm surprised that these aren't like $100 per. Making your own production run sucks.

6. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of the selling price is the markup from the retailer (BBTS). Who knows what's BBTS' cut is for these toys.

7. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I have a pretty good idea that it's massive. Lots of people buy through BBTS and talk it up like mad, but I've never been too keen on how grossly overpriced even the most mundane and common merchandise is on their site.

8. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I agree. But that's a dangerous approach. Even after animated Arcee, IT would do well to assume the market for a G1 Arcee is pretty good, and make a decent production run, thus lowering the octs per figure.
    With this pricing I'd say they run a risk of loosing out on a lot of fans who'd be all over this for say $40-50.
    But I guess they have a market strategy, I'm just not sure it's the correct one.

9. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I just get frustrated at how ridiculous it is that these companies all generally assume that female characters won't sell, and either shortpack them (like Mattel did with the 200X MOTU line) or refuse to make them (like Hasbro did with Sigma 6). In the end, the demand for any female character is so high that many don't even make it to the sales floor..

10. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like animated arcee better

11. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Majority of the time, the 3rd party groups can't control the actual retail price. For all we know, the cost for this to the retail shop was $35. And the retailers decided to charged $35 extra to help cover their costs and make profit. So the end price is hard to pin on IT.

For production run, remember, these guy aren't a big company. They only have funding to have so many figures made in a run. If the figure is successful, and they do another run, they might bring the price down. I think Quint-01 originally was like $50 or more, when it came out years ago. Now its on sale for $20. So those that don't want to spend more than $40 or $50 on Valkyrie, you can take the gamble and wait and see if the price comes down in a year or two. But you do run the risk of IT not making anymore, and seeing after market prices soar. However, nothing has been said if Valkyrie is a limited run at the moment.

12. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading through this thread i`m surprised. Is no Arcee ever going to be good enough? Everyone wanted that wonderfest custom and now you can order one and your still complaining? Who cares if her transformation is not complex enough? Get over it. She is not the lost alternator, she is however the perfect representation of G1 Arcee, that Hasbro never made and has no real plans of ever making.

13. Bodhar2000

Bodhar2000 Bodhar2000

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know I posted this on another thread, but I feel that Animated Arcee is the perfect representation of Arcee in the Classics/Henkei line:

[​IMG]

14. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With that paint job, I might agree. But putting Animated Arcee's inherent paint scheme next to those figs does not look right to me. I still think that $70 is about $10 too much compared to how similar toys made by fans are priced. Again, I'll hope that BBTS is just moneywhoring like usual.

Edit: BTW, can you even transform that Arcee without serious paint wear?

15. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Still looks off. TFA Arcee is a great toy, though.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will wait until after Botcon to pick this up I have decided to go with Fansproject Swindle and Blast Off right now. The Animated Arcee looks really good in pink.

17. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I ordered.......now will I keep the order or not is a wait to see....70 dollars is a tad much. But it does look good.

18. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Oh this is classic.

I got fired four months ago.

My money is in the red zone.

I've had to cut back on so much shit, but I have kept up with IDW G1 comics.

I wanted to buy a Perceptor I saw for a Impactor repaint.

Good thing I didnt.

I sooooo pre-ordered this. I better put my last bills in the bank, because this is truly a piece I wont miss out on.

I still need a JOB!!!!

Gotta get Drift!

This Arcee just cut my last bag of MJ in half, but I will still have enough for this figure, and an eith and some drank for Mileys new album. Hell yes!

After that its broke city, but at least I will finally have this broad. Her guns dont come out?? Thats kinda weird

Still..........
    going to look grrr-reat!! with my Daniel pvc thing, etc

I have the quints except for that switch pullin guy. I love them to death. I thought the one with hella arms would be a tad bigger, but still very awesome shelf/collection pieces

Why are you guys worried about her arms? are you planning on playin with her lol!!!!

Anything Hasbro puts out will not look right, I garuantee it (cant spell that word apparently)

19. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Ah cool. Maybe I'll just wait a few months and pick one up off an attendee who is selling. Managed to get a good deal last year with the DIA figure.

20. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is BBTS the only one selling this? I didn't see vendor like TFsource listing it as they sold Impossible Toys before as well.