trns-03 alicon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by hater06, Aug 18, 2012.

1. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

first of all i'd like to say that this is way bigger than i thought it would be.

box was in good condition but the plastic bubble inside looks like it got sat on.

plastic of the toy feels cheap.

it doesnt come with instructions but the transformation isnt very hard so i was able to figure it out pretty fast.

bot mode has problems balancing...

most of the joints are very loose. 2 were VERY tight to the point where i thought i was going to snap the legs off...

and i got shipped one with 2 left alt mode hands!!!

not very impressed... i got this from TFsource and i'm going to try to get a refund... anyone else get a shitty one out of the box?

this wasnt meant to be a review. so sorry if you expected one. this is meant to be a rant...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, I was hoping impossible toys had learned something by now. Other than how gullible we are ;) 

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I was hoping this would break the Impossible Toys curse but it sounds like its just par for the course. Oh well, less money spent.

4. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bummer, I was hoping this would be cool, but I had trepidation so I passed. Maybe it will go on clearance sooner than later. I'll pick one up if it gets in the $30 range maybe.

PS - thanks for the info hater... saved me a few bucks.

5. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are you sure you can't turn that one alt hand around? In your pic it looks like its just rotated the wrong way.

6. hater06

updated alt mode hand pics... i wish i were stupid enough to not rotate the hands...

it looks different because one of the hands has a slightly tighter grip than the other one. not sure what thats about since they are both left hands and should technically be the same... at this point im not surprised...

7. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I have this toy and I myself dont think the plastic feels cheap.Can you explain why it feels cheap is it too thin or is it too light? And what type of plastic would compare it too because with that I dont agree.So the joint are too tight or too loose because my arm was a bit loose I tightened the screw a bit and it was fine.You do have two alt mode hands so that is screwed up and not sure about the insert.I know the tail locks into different positions that helps support the toy.I will post pics of mine to if you want to compare anything.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that sucks, the three i handled at tfcon were very nice, no issues whatsoever

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    while i think is cool, price is just too much to me for this. maybe clearance will happen. otherwise i can do without.

10. Backstop

News Credits:
    I think dude just got one with issues with two left alt mode hands.I need to tighten my hasbro stuff many times out of the package.I have a bunch of 3rd party stuff and to be honest most of the stuff I have I had to tighten something here or there or pull out the wifes nail polish. My Herc issues my MMC Shocky issues. Maybe its his first 3rd party toy?

11. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

I opened mine today. My bubble was also a mess. Overall I'm really pleased with it. The plastic is proper ABS. I did need to tighten one hip joint. The tail is really cool and will balance him.

At first I thought one alt arm was assembled backwards but I could spin it around correctly...Hater you did get a QA problem on yours.

He's big too, about Voyager sized.

I just wish the paint apps were more crisp and they included instructions or at least a card or something...it's tradition, ya know?

I can see maybe why people are finding $80 too high, but I love mine, just had to have one.

12. hater06

this plastic when compared to my other 3rd party figures feels like a KO to me... i dont know if its cuz its really thin in places like the tail section or what.

my joint issues arent fixable by tightening screws... the alt mode arms are screwless and are extremely loose at the base... the bot mode arms are very loose at the swivel point right below the shoulder...

lol this is not my first 3rd party toy... i just have no issues with my other ones like herc, hegemon, or any other my fansproject stuff...

i hope this stuff makes sense to everyone... i'm a collector, and though im not opposed to fixing things here and there myself, but i have to draw the line somewhere... my other 3rd party figures are way more finished than this at all price points...

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Nail polish or floor polish or the suspension fluid from Tamiya Acrylic paint can all fix those looseness issue (Super-glue is a bad idea as it does not always dry clear and it damages plastic).

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Transformation video anyone?

15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I had a feeling I should wait form clearance on these. Thanks for reconfirming my skepticism anything IT.

16. Backstop

News Credits:
    did you ever think maybe the plastic on the tail is a certain thickness so it can allow for movement?ABS is ABS if its thick or thin and being thin does not make it cheap so many people just have no idea.

So let me get this straight one of four people in this thread has a issue and now every Alicon is shit is what your saying?

Also how do you know these will go on clearance? Cause I bet you they wont,My buddy that owns a store tried to order some and the whole run sold out and could not get any. So lets see how that works out for you guys waiting to get a $80 toy for $5.

I like there stuff cause im a G1 collector and support there toys and want them to keep making things,But people talking smack to make people not buy there stuff because they hate IT and dont own anything they made is sad.

I see 99% of people open and break HOS Shocky but hey thats a great toy right? oh ya great thanks MMC for the $175 I spent on a toy I cant transform and snapped because the plastic is brittle.

or spend $100 on a FP springer that cant stand and has parts missing but out the box but FP wont fix the problem? But hey we love FP right?

Your hate is for IT and I am curious what IT products do you own or are you not going to answer?

Arcee was shit but they have made so many toys and all the others are great.

I am sick of people that come on these boards dont own or even plan to buy something but trash it with no idea about it.this fandom is so follow the leader its not funny and all the bitching lately makes me sick.

no other fandom gets all this 3rd party stuff but all we do is bitch bitch bitch.We even now bitch about the real stuff and I dont get why all these people that bitch even collect?

if all you guys are experts because thats how it sounds when all I hear is bitching why not use your experise and energy and make us perfect 3rd party toys?

I support all 3rd party groups because its fans doing it and I have respect for my fellow fan.

17. hater06

what kind of movement are you talking about? i'm not a plastic expert either... i never said it wasnt abs... i can only tell you how i perceive things... which when compared to my other 3rd party figures feels cheaper... especially when the figured still has those bits of extra plastic hanging off some edges like some 6 year old building his first gundam model...

anyways, this thread wasnt created to make people mad or be a conduit for arguments, it was only made because i was upset with the quality and wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues i did.

18. Backstop

News Credits:
    So your not a expert on plastic but it feels KO and cheap and too thin and now and it has plastic hanging off some edges like some 6 year old building his first gundam model? I think those are from the injection mold sprue but if your other 3rd party toys dont have these then im curious what 3rd party toys you have because every plastic product has it. Can you show us?

19. hater06

lol why did you quote me but then retype most of it afterwards? you want me to show you my 3rd party stuff? or my alicon? i can snap some pics when i get home from work.

20. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sound like they are fine, but I will wait to see if the price goes down, since they are cost a little more than I'm willing to pay. Drop to around $50 plus shipping and I'm all over them.