TRNS-01 Valkyre - Two Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Arcee's_Boy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I shouldn't have generalized...I was refering to the people charging $140-$150 for her too.

Thanks for the advice...I may have to cave in at $70 and just get her and hope for the best, but be prepared for the worse. A lot of board members were saying they were going to wait until a price drop. Without knowing how many pieces this is limited to it's hard to make a decision how long to hold out.

Does anyone know how many pieces this is limited to?

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Try the old "adding 10k to my shopping cart" trick.

According to this, I wouldn't wait, regardless of the QC.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  3. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

If those numbers are correct, I would strongly recommend jumping now. This is a 3rd party item. The supply is no where near Hasbro's level. BBTS might get more in stock, but they might not. And even if they do, the price might jump higher on BBTS.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Luckily I've got mine from a fellow board member, who is based in the US (I'm in the UK) and with texchange rate she works out at around £50, which I think is far more reasonable. This is backed up by the already ******ed eBay prices and the soon to be out of stock status at BBTS.

Would have happily paid £70 though. All QC issues aside, for a CHUG display piece you can't really ask for a better representation of G1 Arcee.

5. Arcee's_Boy

News Credits:
    Thanks for the "trick" to find out how much stock is left.

Doesn't look like medic is selling too well, huh?

Well I better order her in the next few days or miss my chance

thanks again!

6. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I was all set to return mine before even getting the package because of all the negative feedback. I ended up opening her up and was pleasantly surprised by the paint.

It's up to you to decide if she's worth $70.

What you could do is wait for Medic to get clearanced and then just repaint that one :p 

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I predict she's going to plummet in value, along with Arcee.

8. Tirade

We shall see. The Animated Arcee was produced in FAR greater quantity. The supply for Valkyrie is so much lower. I honestly don't think the Arcee colored Valkyrie will drop below $50. G1 collectors seem to be eating her up.

9. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

To be honest, I think most prices especially on ebay are ridiculous. You can still get Arcee at BBTS for $69, why would you pay $150.00 for it????? When you have sellers on ebay selling G1 Ramhorns loose for $69 and loose G1 hubcaps for $50 and people are paying for it!

10. Tirade

Most people are unaware that BBTS exists. Hence the crazy eBay prices. There is a clear lack of knowledge and information regarding the Valkyrie release. Sellers on eBay are simply profitting from that.

As for the other G1 stuff, eBay is fraught with foolish buyers. Do I fault the sellers? Somewhat. However, the buyers/bidders are helping dictate market price.

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I agree 100%, the buyers have a hand in dictating prices, the foolish buyers are mostly new collectors who act mostly on impulse than common sense. We all were like that when we started cant fault them on it. As of Valkyrie, you can google it and it would show the different stores that sell her. Again, do your homework and you wouldnt pay outragous prices.

12. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what I know, this version of Valkyrie had a run of 1000 at the most. And there are no plans to make any more of her. The mold is basically retired.

13. double0

double0 Active Member

I returned mine to BBTS with no problems. Wasn't worth the $70 bucks. Her left shoulder/fender popped off while in the box...

14. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    limited run is total BS. its funny how all 3rd party stuff is 'LIMITED" bbts numbers are way off most of the time. they do restock right when they sell out of pretty much everything over and over. look at predaking, new numbers get added on every few days. as for the arcees, when hasbro releases thier version, this one will be down to about 35.00 to 50.00. i bet bbts will restock the heck out of this one. i emailed tf source also said they are going to be getting them in soon, but it might take a little longer. they told me they are working out a deal with impossible toys right now. so people please stock up on these, so that later on you cant get rid of them, then i will buy one off someone for 35.00 to 45.00. thanks for helping the cheapos, or better words, the patient shoppers like me to get a much lower price. look at the quints by impossible toys. they were 50.00 each at bbts when everyone rush to buy them. then went down to 19.99, and now back to 24.99. so just be patient.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I hope you are right I've always wanted a G1 Arcee. The quints are a bad example I don't think they were as popular as what this Arcee is.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine second hand for 45 shipped. I'm happy.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I going to go ahead and hate you now. :thumbs2: 

18. Arcee's_Boy

News Credits:
    That makes sense now, I did the restock trick on BBTS order site and tried to order 1000 to see how many they could fulfill in my order. It said "22" were in stock and "101" were on order. I hope any restocks are from the original run and not a second or third as several people have commented that the original mold will probably not hold up too well.

I guess I will hold out and see how much TF Source sells these for. Maybe by then we might see some sketchs of Hasbros Arcee.

19. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I live about 10 miles from BBTS and just stopped in and they let me switch mine for another. The one I originally got had 2 paint gouges our of the hood. Overall I'm happy cause it really is RC and looks pretty good next to my g1 hotrod, kup, and springer, but it is a little undersized and as everyone has said quality is not $80 worth.

20. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    It seems they are getting more, I checked the stock count this morning at BBTS and it said they had 21 available and now it jumped to 47.