Tripredicus is this combiner worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Liokaiser, May 15, 2006.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    What are you thoughts on this piece? Can someone post some pics? I've been thinking of picking one up. :thumb 

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Highly recommended. There have only been three times in my adult life I've had to look at instructions to change a Transformer - RiD Omega Prime, Magnaboss, and Tripredacus. Any TF that can kick my butt automatically gets cool points.

I definitely prefer the colors on the Japanese version. It took me a while to track him down a few years ago, so no idea what availability is like now.

http://www.tfu.info/1998/Cybertron/Tripledacus/tripledacus.htm

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The complexity of the transformation may cause you to throw it against the wall. But it is quite fun!

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Tripredacus is awesome. he doesnt come off too well in photos though.

6. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

The combined mode is not so great. He's a bit gimpy, no real hands, and tends to flop. Magnaboss has a much more solid gestalt. The individual bots, though, are awesome and are a great way to beef up your Pred forces. It's funny the way they designed those two, Magnaboss got the much better combined form but Tripredacus' components really outdo his. I'm especially fond of Cicadacon.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tripredicus comes in second after BM Nightscream as the ugliest frelling Transformer I've ever seen. He was a challenge to combine and I've left that clown-faced Beast just that way since. It's one Transformer that doesn't need a Con symbol to be known that it's evil. The Japanese version does have more handsome colors though it doesn't help much.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

I really love the guy, he's odd and monstrous like a WMD-class character ought to be. Ramhorm, who forms the arms, is one of the trickiest little guys ever made. Cicadacon and Sea Clamp are lots of fun, too. I really recommend him if you're a fan of the beast era toys.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I too think the BWII version has a better color scheme (not to mention better personalities! SAMBA!!!)

The figures are very nice on their own and the gestallt is quite menacing.

iDD

10. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I want to get them as well, but only the BW2 version. Im looking for him on ebay at the moment.

11. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Get him! He's a sweet fig. and he's an Arthropod gestault (the only one).

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He's one of the best combiners EVER IMO. I like him way more than Magnaboss, who has one member (the elephant) who makes about 80% of the gestalt. That ruins it for me.

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I like him. I need to track down a Magnaboss to fight against him sometime. Though if you really want one Liokaiser, I'd galdly trade my Tripredicus for your X-9 or Botcon Tigatron. ;) 

14. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He rocks man. Got him and magnaboss. Tripred is all kinds of cool. A real bitch to transform the arms guy, but other than that he is solid.

Like AMS there are only a few transformers i ever need instructions for. Tripredicus is one of those..

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hell yeah he's worth it.

The 3 figs that make him are superfun on their own.
    All 3 have terrific poseability almost like the other classic BWs

Seaclamp is still one of my favorite figs.

Some old pics. ManI really need to drag the BW's out and get some updated shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Noticed in many of the pics of him (mine included) he's just standing there. But you can really pull off some neat uber poses with him.

17. DDM

DDM Super Steve

I always loved the idea of combiners, so I pick up a new one whenever I can. (still looking for the older ones though, like devastator and defensor)

As far as the beastwars ones go, I like magnaboss more, but tripredicus is still a really nice toy to have, if not just because of how evil he looks.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Tripredacus is awesome. Min'es a bit floppy in combined mode, but overall the sheer evil looks and the pretty cool individual 'bots (Ram Horn is a litte iffy to me) more than make up for it. Highly reccommended.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It looks cool to me. Very interesting and unique. I'm sure I'll end up with one some day.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I love this figure; I've had him for years and he's pretty damn brilliant, complexity and playability wise. A word of warning though; careful with Cicadons wing missiles, the shafts on mine used to load into the launcher piece included with Seaclamp snapped and now Tripredacus is unarmed to his fullest potential.
    Anybody got any spare missiles they'd be willing to part with?

Oh and why is it people keep calling him Cicadacon? Seriously was the American packaging that misleading or something? Every official thing I've seen has refered to him as Cicadon; I suppose the confusion stems from the fact that his beast mode is a Cicada so everybody tends to make some kind of minor detail type mistake dealie.

Seriously though; I highly recomend the figure if you're into the Beast Era or Combiners in general, he's one hell of a fun bot and his component parts offer up a world of fun, although I have a feeling Seaclamp might have a hard time liking his budies since he always has to have some water nearby for his beast mode while the others can do anything except get wet... Kind of love hate relationship for those three if you were to ask me. :D