tripredicus council origins??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by killahbuny, Aug 23, 2007.

1. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm sure this must have come up before but I had a search and found no other threads so here goes.

Tarantulas mentions that he and the Tripredicus council originated from another source; not the the decepticons as the other predicons did. Megatron also refers to him as the spawn of Unicron. I had the notion that perhaps the council and Tarantulas were desended from Cyclonus, Scourge and the sweeps. Any thoughts?

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't remember, but there was some clarification given by the writers RE: "Spawn of Unicron" - either it was just an insult or a hint at his origin. I have a feeling it was just an insult but I could be wrong. From memory Tarantulus descends from the G2 Decepticons or the Swarm or something.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    "Spawn of Unicron" is a play on the term "Spawn of Satan", it's an insult with no real meaning. Several belive Legs and the Council are direct decendants of Unicron. I however, believe they are just from a different race of robots.

4. killahbuny

I'm not really up on my G2, What's the swarm?

I picked up on the spawn of satan paraphrase but wondered about the decendancy from unicron and even thought there was a possibilty that they were of quintesson/vok desent maybe?

also on that note could there be a possibility that the vok are evolved from the quints? as the faces are quite like the quint death face and they already knew of cybertronians?

5. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out wikipedia. Heralds of Unicron

Look under Beast Wars Era

They are most likely descendents of Unicron. Megatron's "Spawn of Unicron" could've been a double entendre.

If you look up "The Vok" they ar probably the descendents of the Swarm.

The Vok

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Wikipedia is not an accurate source of anything.

If they were descended from the heralds of Unicron, they would still be removed from the timestream by altering the past.

The G2 decepticons, on the other hand, had nothing to do with the Ark or any of the events on Earth. And seeing as the writers based other plot points on the Marvel comics, I'm inclined to believe that's the right explanation.

7. killahbuny

thanks all

looks like Im going to have to do some G2 research on these "swarm" guys. I always thought G2 was a throw away story arc and so I've never taken much notice before now. Any tips for sources? as RandomFerret says wiki isnt 100% acurate.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

They were intended to be Tripredacus. As in the Predacon combiner. But Mainframe didn't have time/money to get them looking right. So Hasbro wouldn't sign off on having them BEING Tripredacus. So Mainframe fudged the look of them.

Now as for the "other origins" that just means they don't decend from anyone on the ark at the time. Which means Tarantulus could have decended from Shockwave or the Insecticons (or the Junkions, or Bludgeon, or Sixshot or or or) for all we know.

9. killahbuny

hmmm yeah Tarantulas is very Shockwave now you mention it.

10. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

One thing I never understood is how they can be decendants exactly? I mean, TFs dont reproduce(well in the G2 comic it showed some of sorts) but I mean, so does that mean then they were built by that particular charachter or group and thats how they determine it?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Tarantulas (and the council) hate the Vok with all their being, and want to destroy them. I doubt they're related.

The Vok exist out of time and space, I can't see how they're decendants of anyone.

Hardly, unless you mean comics Shockwave. Besides, Shockwave is an original Decepticon anceastor. (though not on the Ark)

12. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I don't believe there has been any official explanation of the vok, or the tripedicus council beyond the dialog of BW

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Officially, no, there wasn't one.

As I recall, at a panel either at bwtf or at botcon or something, the answer was the Vok are the enlightened swarm, and Tarantulas and others were descendents from G2 Decepticons.

As to how hey can be descendents, you do have reproduction via G2 means, as well as a not quite so literal sense, in that they were created by them.

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It has been confirmed by the shows writers that the Vok are related to the Swarm.

I'm not sure if the council are even aware of the Vok.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I know they know of the aliens, wether or not they know of the Vok specificaly noone knows.

16. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Man, these kinds of discussions make me wish that Beast Wars had gone on a little longer to tie up these loose ends. Or even if Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward could've been in charge of Beast Machines too. And maybe if that Transtech show had happened instead of Armada it could've explained this stuff more.

17. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    the writers never truly stated witch continuity the show was based off of due to the references of the show and comics but not G2.
    also i have recently watched seasons 2-3, and it turantulas himself eludes to being desended of unicron

18. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    No, he eludes to being a descendant of SOMETHING. That something is either unicron or the G2 decepticons. Hence the discussion.

19. killahbuny

heres a random thought at the end of the BW waspinator is outside the arc and so would not be affected by the time stream maybe legs and the council are decended from him lol

20. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

hardly. it took him forever but he made it back to Cybertron. he even says that in beastmachines.

Legs also states him and the Tripredicus council have different origines. i always thougth that it was the G2 transformers. it does seem hinted at it. The Vok are also most likely human or Transformer related. Writers are often good at giving hints at botcons and such.

i think good old transtech would have explained all. pity we want to armada instead. though i did love my RID :)