Triple Changers should be Voyagers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by taterx, Jul 6, 2008.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I like the two Decepticon triple changers we've gotten but I feel they could have done a better job on the appearance of the alt modes if they had bigger bots to engineer into two distinct alt modes.

Octane looks great as a bot but that plane with those silly little wings kill that mode. And the tanker truck is just a poor example of someone racking their brains trying to figure out how to pull off another mold and settling on close enough.

I bet if the designers had a bigger class of robot to work their magic on they would have done a much better job. Maybe it's to late for these guys but Broadside could be a fresh start.

What do you all think?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing proves this. Voyager sized triple changers > deluxe

3. taterx

I forgot about that. I'm getting him for my classics collection. I know the style will clash but still I use Animated Grimlock because I feel his size fits the spirit of the character much better than his puny classic form.

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm all for voyager triple changers but making new triple changers voyagers now would ruin the other triple changers.

5. taterx

I don't expect a do over on the first two. I just hope that if they do get to the remaining triple changers they might make it easier on themselves by working on the larger molds.

6. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    bring on voyager triple changer Springer, he deserves a new toy that's not a bloody repaint!

7. taterx

That is true but I doubt we will get one anytime soon if at all due to the ruddy poo Target comic two pack I'll be picking up soon.

I'm sure that Broadside is our best shot at this.

8. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i like the fact i don't have to pay double the price for less than double the plastic...

9. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    As as I'm in favor of a triple changer Springer I don't he'd do good as a voyager. Him being a deluxe would be good though cuz he'd be on scale with the others.

10. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno Springer looked pretty large to me, plus he keeps getting stuck as a repaints, I just think it be nice to see a voyager springer.

Broadside does seem like a good candidate for voyager, but has that name been used recently by hasbro?

11. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Broadside would do awesome as an Ultra or Leader. I say instead of his third alt mode being a fighter jet make it a space ship. Would make more sense to me.

12. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me Bigger = better!

13. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I would have to mildy disagree with you. The G1 triple changers were still somewhat a mishmash of parts from both of the alt modes. I think when it comes the triple changer TF's there is just going to be some design limitations when you try to use train parts for a space shuttle or plane parts for a tanker truck and all of those parts to make a robot.

Personally I'm really digging the Classics triple changers. I think they are fantastic updates to their G1 counterparts.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a trio of triple changers being 1 voyager/ultra and 2 deluxes. But not Springer as the larger figure. Broadside for sures.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nah i like them deluxe........

what i i like them that way.

17. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    The figures should have been voyagers to start with as it would have kept them on scale, Octane's tanker truck mode is smaller than Prime's semi mode by a long shot. But if they started making Triple Changers Voyager class now they'd look weird compared to the other Triple Changers. Broadside would be okay to see released as a triple changer in a bigger class but ones like Blitzwing I want to see as a deluxe so he fits in with the others, especially the seekers.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Personally I like them fine the way they are. They're by no means perfect but I think they're engineered fantastically for the size they are. In G1 it was easy to turn a brick that transforms into a brick that transforms into a brick but both Classics Astrotrain and Octane have great articulation in robot mode and you can at least tell what the alt mode are intended to be. Animated Blitzwing doesn't prove to me that bigger is better because to me the robot mode looks alright but the two alt modes are absoutely terrible. All that said, I wouldn't have minded either triple changer to be a bigger size class for alt mode scale, but we all know scale and Transformers have never mixed.

19. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact they are deluxes in most cases. Like Astrotrain, I have his Henkei version sitting in shuttle mode right between my Classics Starscream and Skywarp and he makes for a very awesome Honorary Seeker. It reminds me of the IDW comic where he and the Seekers are attacking the autobots, pure win.

20. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Thank you!! :thumb 

I don't care if he's deluxe or voyager, but we've gotten two f***ing "Classics Springers", and neither is a new mold or a T-C... :redface2: