Triple Changers for TFilm4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, May 17, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Even though the films popularized the concept of changing alternate modes for Transformers, the next big thing to see in TF4 after all the robots/combiners/organisms could possibly be Triple Changers: Transformers who can switch between two alternate modes.
    Triple Changer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Triple Changer - Transformers Wiki

It’s stated that ROTF Megatron, Soundwave and Mixmaster are classified as Triple Changers, but that was never really seen in the film: Megatron and Mixmaster were seen with a single alt modes (a winged tank and a cement truck respectively) and Soundwave stayed a satellite throughout. It would be something new to see a Bayformer composed of parts from two different vehicles, that can effortlessly switch between them in a fight for added advantage and of course awesomeness.

I’d preferably like to see a battle between the Triple Changers Blitzwing (Decepticon) and Springer (Autobot):
    - Blitzwing could be his classic tank-jet combo. I think it’d work in terms of design as the ROTF Megatron body (Image:ROTF UniteforUniverse Megatron toy.jpg - Transformers Wiki) with a bit of Breakaway (Image:ROTF Breakaway concept.jpg - Transformers Wiki) and Brawl (Image:ROTF Deluxe DeepDesertBrawl toy.jpg - Transformers Wiki) stuck on. In terms of personality he could probably remain his G1 mean self (the ANIMATED Blitzwing multiple-personalities might be too complicated and probably risky to portray on screen) and could be voiced by Daran Norris (in his Jorgen Von Strangle voice) or Peter Stormare (in his LEBOWSKI voice).

- Springer could be another member of the Wreckers, and could remain his G1 helicopter-automobile combo (I realize he got his own entry at Springer (ROTF) - Transformers Wiki, but it’d still be good to see him as a TC TF). Apart from his copter mode, he could legitimately become a SWAT truck or a military vehicle truck (similar to what Bane has in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES); something big and tough to match his stature. He could ideally be voiced by Dwight Schulz (Murdock from THE A-TEAM) or Scott McNeil (TF ARMADA): someone heroic but also with a good sense of humour.

Would anyone else also like to see Triple Changers in the Movieverse? If so, which ones?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mark Hamill as Blitzwing and Nathan Fillion as Springer.

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Keith Szarabajka as Blitzwing please. But as a Nod to Mr. Freeze.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    How can anyone suggest a person other than Arnold Schwarzenegger as Blitzwing?

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Get to teh choppa!

"I AM TEH CHOPPA!"

6. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

Oh--Triple Changers. That's what was missing.

:gen069: 

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots got 3 triplechangers in g1 tf cartoon series

8. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I'd want to see Triple Changers function sorta like the Stealth Force, but rather than the vehicle mode deploying weapons, it's actually deploying a crude flight mode.

For example, Blitzwing wouldn't be an M1 Abrams tank and an F/A-18; he'd be an M1 Abrams (or whatever tank would be chosen as an alt. mode) that transforms into the crude form of a jet.

If I had to pick which ones I'd like to see, Blitzy and Springer.

I would say Astrotrain, but I kinda want to see him as one of the Seekers. Since the Seekers appear to be old/outdated machines in the Movieverse, him being a steam locomotive would fit perfectly.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Only if he turns the role down. Chances are if he's not getting paid a lot No Dice.

But Yeah I'd love to see Ahnold as Blitzwing.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Astrotrain (Jack Angel), Blitzwing (Scott McNeil), and Springer (Nathon Fillion)

11. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Blitzwing should've already been in the movie series anyway. Anyone wanna see Astrorain???

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I would like them to do Blitzwing.

13. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    LOLOLOLOL!!! :lolol 

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Every Transformer on screen is already a multiple changer. hey can change alt modes whenever they want. Bumblebee did it in the 1st film.

Asking for triple changers for the movies is kinda redundant.

15. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Actually, mixmaster does have a third mode in ROTF. he transforms into a huge cannon thingy, just like his toy does.

but a true triple changer with distinct alt modes would be cool. blitzwing is a must, but what about grimlock? bot mode, some kind of huge vehicle mode for mobilty and dino mode for sheer awesome :) 

16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Blitzwing! He should get a Voyager figure too! :wink: 

17. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I would have to disagree. bb has one mode and then scans another. he doesn't go from one mode to the other and back as he chooses, as a real triple changer would do. to be one, the bot has to be able to change into any of his alt modes at any time, without having to scan something new.

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like to see Blitzwing (voiced by Robin Atkin Downes),Octane/Tankor (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris),Springer (voiced by Nathan Fillon), & Boardside (voiced by Mr.T)

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Are any of the actors that played Airwolf pilots still alive?

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I figured out how to make Astrotrain "Practical" for the Transformer movies, because you know how he can fit like all the decepticons inside him when he's a shuttle even though he is about as tall as a regular decepticon. Ok basically you make Astrotrain transform in to a train, but have like a whole bunch of Cars that transform into parts to make up a shuttle, then make him transform into the final piece of the shuttle. Also for extra badassness, you can make is to the cars form up to make like this giant battle suit for the astrotrain figure to fit in.

Kinda like a mix between Transformers Armada Overload and DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime.

But anyways yes, I support Astrotrain for TF4.