Trip Changers... Animated or Universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadend, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    After seeing how great blitzwing is on animated, and how fun his toy is, and also the two trip changers we got in universe. Which is prefered?

We've still got a few more to go like a real springer, and sandstorm. But which line is favored for them to go in? And who's left of triple changers after that? Since hasbro has already stated more than 3 forms is too hard for right now.

Personally I'd like to see Broadside Springer or sandstorm in animated as they would help balance out Blitzwings craziness. Toy wise I don't mind them looking more 'organic' either with my universe toys because, for sandstorm at least, he was from an off planet bot tribe that seperated ages ago. And I hope they add blitzwing to universe eventually after his wave has run it's course in animated. Broadside could also skate on his harder to do alt form by being in animated style. Springer, Kup and Arcee could potentially fair better here too. Though I want decent universe versions too.

Haven't they said they would like to do all the triple changers? And universe does need at least one Autobot trip changer to balance out the decepticons. Non-earth mode being moot since it can be cited as like the 'autobot prototype triple changer' or something in the bio. Which would help at least 2 (springer and sandstorm) skate by as it can be a reoccurring thing that autobots can't master it as well as decepticons. =D
    Maybe they could pull what they did with the lambos on Springer and Sandstorm. Just like a shield variant that makes a different cockpit for both. and different sword style propellers(similiar to leader megatrons, only single sword). Or something similiar that could make the alts slightly different enough while majorily the same just with different paint apps and or head.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Broadside as a Tidal Wave repaint or retool in Universe if we can't get a new mold out of him.
    Sandstorm I never really cared for, but sure, make him in Universe, then throw Springer in Animated, he just seems the most suited for that canon.
    DN

3. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    I own Classics Astrotrain, Universe/Classics Tankor and Animated Blitzwing. I'd have to say, due to the fact that his three forms just seem like different, distinct modes, to me, and the fact that he's about twice as big in every mode than the other two, that Blitzwing is my clear favorite. I am not sure why (other than making them sell more because IIRC Deluxes sell more than Voyagers and so on to Supremes selling the least) the other two weren't Voyagers either, because if they were, they'd probably be three of my favorite TF toys.

As it is, Blitzwing is probably top five (maybe just because I JUST got him, but other figures I've bought and within five minutes wished that I had never seen them... I'm looking at you Animated Voyager Megatron and DS Starscream!). His Jet mode, while initially I thought was kind of floppy, finding out where the jet exhausts plug in, makes it 100% better... the Tank is just amazing and a great toy in one little "ball", and robot mode is... just... :O yeah. Amazing!

Sure Astrotrain and Tankor have their own coolness, but as Voyagers they could have been so much more!

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I like Universe Tankor more than the others

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I support a new mold, triple-helicopter-to-car-changer Springer for Universe. No more repaints.

I think he'd look amazing in Animated, but I'd rather have him for Classics first. Though, there's not much hope of either, what with the Target Evac repaint...green & gray helicopter named Springer...it'll be awhile before - if - we see him in either line... :banghead: 

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Between the Evac repaints and the multiple sizes of Megatron, I think both lines are a little helicopter'd out. But I'd love to see Autobot triple changers, maybe if another filler line is needed after the movie sequel line.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Amen!

Springer is probably my favorite G1 Autobot character and it pains me to see how relegated to repaints he's been. I actually like the molds they've used thus far, but damn, it does seem like it would kill Hasbro to have a new Springer mold.

I thought he was generally loved by our fellow fans.

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    That's why I started hoping for a sandstorm, because of all those repaints of springer. At least with a new trip changer mold, that could be repainted for springer since they keep skipping him for new molds. Though with only skorponok left of the trip changers on the decepticons side, maybe hopefully after movie or so we'll see a new mold as someone else suggested. As it'd be cheaper for them to just repaint the already made skorpy release from energon. Springer needs a G1 inspired new mold. Preferably accurate to his season 3 vehicles. Then it's not the same kind of helicopter as previously done. And we've yet to have a universe deluxe helicopter anyway. Call it a recon chopper whereas leader animated megs is like an assault chopper. And maybe it can skate? Heck, why not push it for 4 modes and give it a armada blur inspired jet mode too. Even if the alt mode is more of a cybertronian APC, or tank, it could still have fold down side for wings. Helicopter tail can just fold under like the old school one or similiar to how the build team hides their gestalt pegs. Rotating cockpit similiar to cybertron hotshot. add in a Sword as the helicopter blades and voila, perfect. From there it'd all rest on the arm and leg designs to have wheels or tracks or both. And where they can go or store to all that.

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I mean, I know Hasbro can't make every character, obviously, for the upcoming 25th Anniversary line next year, but that almost seems like a glaring omission.

They better do something other than the comic 2-pack this Nov. I mean, I'll buy that anyways, but I would love love LOVE to see a new Springer mold. How about an IDW War Within inspired one?

Nahh. Who are we kidding. the two-pack is all were getting, I'm afraid.:( 

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMHO the reason Blitzwing is so much of a good toy is because the animated style really helps when making up good vehicles, so I guess more Ani Triple Changers would be good.

11. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    It's really hard to decide. I have Henkei Astrotrain & Animated Blitzwing. And both are awesome molds. *shrugs*

12. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Sometimes I think Hasbro forgets that the Autobots had triple changers of their own. No love for Broadside, no love for Sandstorm and only helicopter love for Springer. Like wat the fuck?! I dont care if its Animated or Classics (even though I would prefer Classics) can we please please please get a fuckin Broadside or Sandstorm? PLEASE!!!

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

[​IMG]

14. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I forgot about Botcon. But still there has been mor focus on his helicopter than his car mode....thingy. From Energon to Universe, always been about the helicopter. But thats besides the point, we just want any Autobot Triple Changer at this point!

15. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

We need a real Blitzwing for Universe. I have waited for an update for Blitzwing for years. Animated certainly isn't cutting it so come on Hasbro!

16. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

I've got nothing but love for the triple changers, and I agree with Johnator that there should be a universe Blitzwing. He's one of my favorite characters and I'm just not interested in the Animated series cartoon style. What I want to see is a good combiner set with an classics/universe inspiration to it. And a true combiner set, I'm not talking about that walmart exclusive Devestator where they made his arms just repaints of each other. There was no originality to that. I would love to see a newly updated Aerial bots or Predaking as long as they don't charge an outrageous amount like $120 like the exclusive seacon set is.

17. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want a animated blitzwing repaint as the ehobby Overcharge he looks so cool