Trickin out my truck to be Prime/Movie Ironhide-esque

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlackTrailerOps, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Yeah, so I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 duelie. It's pretty hossed out and cranks out about 670 Hp and 700 ftlbs of torque. My next project is to put some stack in the bed to use for the exhaust. I'd love to paint it red and make it look like a beefed up Alternators Prime or a better (because its a Dodge) movie Ironhide, but I doubt paint will be in the near future. I'll probably post some pics once I get the stacks in it.

2. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I so hope you could do a special order to get the proper ironhide car.

3. BlackTrailerOps

From what I understand about Ironhide, is that a company not GMC is the one who customized him into a duelie truck. I checked the website and there doesn't appear a regular truck package just the box truck and tow-truck package.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Isn't Monroe Truck's Topkick 4500 Ironhide edition an official product between Hasbro, GMC and Monroe?

As I recall, the movie production got two stock Topkicks from Monroe that they then further modified.

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
  6. BlackTrailerOps

Thats funny, I never really actually looked at the backend, saw the stepside bed and thought. Duelie. Funny how I could miss that.

Funny thing is that the Monroe Topkick comes standard as a duelie, but the Ironhide version had a different rear axle and wheels but the same bed. Thats what threw me off because the bed is a duelie bed.