Trials Evolution - Prove yourself & ride hard!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    If you have this we need to share gamer tags to see who really is the best!

Trials HD is one of my favourite Xbla games, so this was an instant purchase. They've improved the look, the quantity of tracks with lots of dynamic lighting and camera touches along with taking it out the warehouse. They have Made it a little easier on the learning curve to make it more approachable.

I've currently got myself in the top 200 on a few tracks :D  anyone else playing?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    While I enjoyed the original. I found the precise control needed for harder tracks maddening. Not sure if I'll pick this one up.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Trials HD was infuriating as fuck.

I'm game to test my scores against yours though... MUHUHAHAHAH. Will purchase tonight.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I never found it annoying, I Loved trying again and again especially on the easy tracks to improve my times bit by bit!

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I have to wait until Friday, which is killing me since I loved Trials on pc and HD (edit: I lied, my wife paid for it tonight). I like the way the demo felt though, it seems like the bikes have more weight and don't bounce as easily.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    No one else has this? I have no one to compete against :( 

7. seven

There was a problem with the leaderboard servers being overloaded part of today and yesterday. Leaderboards/ghosts/friend's-floating-dot-of-fuck-you weren't working. Sir McBradder's dot showed up when I played Gigatrack again tonight even though no one had shown up on my leaderboards yet.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Seven if its all right all send you a friend request tonight? :) 

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Gigatrack is the bomb.

I need to replay that tonight, one hill messed me up for a good while, I was literally MINUTES ahead of Recall, got to that hill and watched his dot sail over it first time T___T

10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    When I played yesterday only Recall and Seven showed up which I thought was a little odd.

I also got infuriated I couldn't get anywhere near Recalls dot, I didn't know he was using a different bike... doh!

11. seven

Sure thing.

I was a minute or so ahead of you, then I had 4 faults on the same hill. I didn't even know you had passed me until I got around 3/4 through and saw your damn dot around a bend. I started catching up but small bumps on inclines kept screwing me up. I would have gotten silver but I had 17 faults and silver is 15. Better than my first lap though, I had 24+ faults. I was doing so good my second time but just screwed up so much, even more trying to catch you (and lifting the rear wheel off the ground going uphill).

12. McBradders

Gigatrack is so good... I was all "SURELY THIS IS THE END!!!!"

nope.gif

So good!

13. seven

Hit the Fault limit on the second extreme course, 500. The first part wasn't too bad, the 2nd half I got stuck on three checkpoints in a row and hit the limit. I probably used 200 faults on just one of the jumps.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I played the original and found I have very little patience for the game.
    Plus I can't afford a new TV right now as I would inevitably throw my controller at it.

15. seven

Extreme is beating my ass. I finished the first course but can't finish the others. I finished all but the last (and was at the last checkpoint when I hit the fault limit) in HD. I'm using the 450cc bike, I don't have enough finesse to keep the phoenix from bouncing around. The 450 just can't make some of the jumps, I couldn't get past the first jump on Inferno 3 but did it my first try with the phoenix.

16. McBradders

Who will challenge my times, I wonder? :eek: 

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Once my son born in the next few days this will be my quick fix go to game when I have 15 minutes spare. I will destroy your times then...maybe...hopefully sleep deprived gives me hardcore skills :) 

Anyone tried the editor yet?

18. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I managed to beat the first three tracks and Way of the Ninja but I'm getting my ass kicked on the remaining three. The jump in the basketball court in Dark City, that very beginning jump on The Wreck and I haven't even bothered to try Inferno 3 :lol 

I hate the fact the Phoenix might as well be required to beat these; I really don't like the bike and prefer the Scorpion. I used it for the entire game up until the Extreme tracks, and won my five races in multiplayer with it as well.

I found I really didn't like multiplayer; I did just enough to get every achievement for it and I won't ever do it again. It gets too confusing for me during Supercross, especially if I'm in the 1st position and there are three bikes blocking me and I can't properly land my jumps.

For now, I took a break to do achievements -- I finally got Hard the Hard Way and Loonie Lander last night (seriously, that UFO sucks), and I finished Full Throttle II a few days ago.

19. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Fuck I hate this game. I don't remember the track name (its the one in the middle of the spread, with all the erupting water jets) and to begin with I can actually go faster than ANYONE on my friends list.

But can I do it flawlessly? Can I fuck. There's a particular bit where if I'm going full tilt it always catches me out *crash* and if I take it easy so I can get past it without a mistake I'm slow as hell.

:mad  :mad  :mad 

I'm not getting as much as I would want on this game, between my ME3 Insanity run, Reality TV time, baby playing time and this I ahve precious little thumb twiddling time.

Having said that my little girl finds Trials quite amusing, I think its because it looks like a toy on screen, and it easy to relate to. Either that or she enjoys watching her father fail spectacularly. Hrm.

20. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Oh, it's a track name. I got a little excited there for a second.