trends with ebay and transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl2000, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Has anyone else noticed the extreme slim pickings in the world of Transformers whether its an online shop or ebay? I've been looking to price a couple pieces out and it looks like most of the bookstyle reissues you can name your own price as there's not a lot up there.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There's a fair few bookstyles on eBay at the moment; someone just listed a load of them. And the rerelease of the bookstyle Megatron is all over eBay.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i've just recently found out that i can find even better deals in other version of e-bay. not all searches appear in ebay.com. some only appear in ebay.co.uk, or ebay.it etc.

but SHHH

it's a secret.

4. rid

rid Well-Known Member

no kidding. thanks for the tips.

But now that I think about it, that makes sense. It must be because of database indexing issues. I always keep a search window open with my TF searches and noticed that multiple successive refresh of the page sometime gives different results. It must be a load balancing box sending to the different server that don't have the indexing synchonized. So the theory would translate even greater on multiple servers... thanks for the tip.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    *nods* do random eBay searches with no particular category, starting withtheword "Transformers" too. I found a complete mint Overlord going cheap on eBay Germany a while back; it wasn't even listed in the Transformers category.
    It's now sitting on top of my cabinet. :) 

6. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    When you do an ebay search and get many listings, items from foreign ebays are not listed if the country of the ebay you use is not in listed as a country they ship to. If you get very few results sometimes foreign listings will be included in a seperate list. Other than just indexing issues, it seems intended to me.

As I live in the Netherlands I use the German and Dutch ebays a lot. Ebay.de was always very interesting for good lots or figures like Overlord (I've had several going through my hands) or Euro exclusives, for good prices. Since december though there's been a very strong decline in number of TF items there. The Dutch ebay is less useful, as most of it is loose single recent figures or overpriced stuff.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SHHHHH! Don't tell people how to get cheap TF's because then everyone will know and they'll no longer be cheap! /Selfish bastard.

8. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

wow... no kidding
    Overlord's so elusive in ebay.com.au
    anybody seen a deszarus going cheap before?

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I got one off of Ebay.co.uk a few years back. Missing his gun and one of the wings on his chest, but I didn't mind for the price, £35. Victory Leo set me back £40, if I'd been quicker I could have had one with the guns, but even without, those are the best prices I've ever seen for the guys. Pretty decent shape, too. I'm happy with them.

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last Overlord on AU was listed as "G2 JET + TANK" or something and went for about $200. Last Deszarus was a year or two back (or maybe more) and went for about $400.

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Another tip to finding the cheapies, search for mispellings. Random search on "Tranformers," "Transfomers," and "tanformers" almost never fail to bring up at least SOMETHING desirable that hardly anyone else is going to notice.

At least, until now.