Minor/Repaint: Trekformer Crossover Starbase Alpha Maximus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shadowplay, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Shadowplay

Shadowplay doesn't post often.

"I am Home."

A Borg cube closes on a Federation Starbase. It seems the base is a sitting duck until it begins to shift and transform into a massive dreadnought of a starship. The ship warps away, as the Borg give chase. However, the dreadnought circles back and deals a withering barrage of phasers and torpedoes. The cube is badly damaged, but soon adapts to all of the weapons frequencies. It is only a matter of minutes before the Borg recover and assimilate their prey. However, the dreadnought begins to change again. Before the Borg can adapt, a gigantic fist reaches out a smashes the cube to smithereens. A lumbering voice is heard saying, "Adapt to that." He then uses his warp cannons to sterilize his hand. It wouldn't do to have any nanoprobes stick around. With the threat past, Starbase Alpha Maximus reverts to his stationary mode, so he may continue to protect his adopted family.

This is the big one, and it turned out way better than I expected. I managed to snag a Cyberton Primus fairly cheap. From there, I started by removing the top dome/wings. I then disassembled it and used the uppermost part to make the second tier of the starbase mode. I also took off his shoulder pads/covers. On his wrists, I took out the long screw and attached a kreo/lego round piece which turned out to be a perfect peg size for the long cannons/nacelles. After a full gray coat, I went in for individual lights and details. His natural textures made it much easier than a lot of my other paint jobs. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Censored for your protection...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rumble619

rumble619 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like this a lot. I love the out of the box thinking for this build. Awesome job!!!!

3. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I'm in bro! Love these!

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow! So much to like about this custom. Well done!